Starting my 2022 indoor grow

Just went into the seven gallon pots. I hate doing pot transferring later in life. So once they pop roots through the jiffy pot right into their forever home. Controlling your watering and sufficient airflow will assure that this isn’t a bad growing trait. ILGM strains Blue Dream top left Gorilla Glue 4 top right front and center Robert Bergman’s own Gold Leaf. Like any parent I’m glad they don’t stay this small for long!

12 Likes

I am growing in a ProMix HP M medium.
I will be using FloraFlex V1 V2 nutrients for the seedling vegging stages. Right now they are receiving 0.5 grams of each in controlled watering regiment. I am a landscaper and have dealt with thousands of potted plants in my lifetime. If you don’t have any experience with watering potted plants I would suggest pot transplanting for you as your plants grow. I will run a humidifier for the seedling stage keeping the RH right around 68% for the first month. The temperature will remain at 82° Fahrenheit until I turn my light down to an 18/6 lighting schedule again normally after 1 month. I am running a MarsHydro FC-E 480 in a LightHouse 2.0 4x4 grow tent. Plants make me happy.

3 Likes

1st in!

4 Likes

Thanks for stopping in!! Hopefully I can provide some insight and get some really good advice and feedback.:call_me_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Nice… I have a Gold Leaf mid flower at the moment (soil/jacks321), so curious how growth on yours goes

2 Likes

These were my outdoors until bud rot made me harvest early. :pensive: the last pic I entered into Sept2022 BOM contest. I can’t wait to bring one to fruition! :dash::dash:

7 Likes

Sorry had a few days down due to my twisting my ankle pretty well. We got a bout of rain and some high humidity a few days ago. I turned off the humidifier and didn’t turn it back on. As you can see there is some yellowing and brown spots on the first leaves that sprouted. This is from 1. Having my light closer than 30in. In the plants first weeks of life and 2. Allowing the plants environment to dry out to a point it was detrimental to the plants growth. I am glad to have my head back in the tent though. They are still getting controlled watering and receiving the 0.5 grams of V1/V2 nutrient from FloraFlex.

2 Likes

Looking good. Wow, thats a big area to stone. Did you escavate all that with a shovel?

Must be good ground. Nice and loamy. You aint doing that with a pitch fork where i live.

2 Likes

Hard work my friend. Im no stranger to it myself. It feeds the soul

2 Likes

The plants have survived their first topping and I believed I fimmed one successfully. Their next feeding they will be receiving a full 1gram dose of FloraFlex nutes V1/V2. Keeping the humidifier on for another week

1 Like

All three seem to have taken their topping and first 1gram dose of nutrients well. I have added a box fan to the front of the tent to increase oxygen flow since they are getting to the size of not needing a full watering yet but I know their root mass is getting crazy so I don’t want to underwater either aerating the top inch or so is very important the day after I water.

1 Like

The girls seem to be doing fine. Still have some yellowing on the sativas from low humidity and being too close to the light as seedlings. Both the Blue Dream and GG4 are growing out of this and once they go into rapid vegetative stage they’ll correct themselves. The Gold Leaf is loving the low temps and dry air as an Indica dominant should. I’m going to do some tying on the Gold Leaf tomorrow the two sativas I’m going to top again.

3 Likes

Blue Dream first tie-down. I broke a leader two days ago manually bending the branches getting them ready for their tie-down. I staked the leader and applied raw honey to the wound as a sealant and anti-microbial properties.

GorillaGlue#4 doing fine this strain is a Trooper.

GoldLeaf also zero issues on the tie-down.

2 Likes

Also I will refer to the correct term as transpiration which applies to the process directly applied to plants. Expiration would refer to the exhalation of a breath more along the lines of human biology.

2 Likes

I did a second tie-down tonight. Here’s the Gold Leaf. She is ahead of the two sativas, as I have been running well below ideal humidity it’s expected.

The Gorilla Glue got stretched to her max today. Their growth is becoming rapid. I am going to put up the net soon.

Still haven’t been able to tie-down the broken leader on the Blue Dream. I tried flexing her tonight but saw the wounded area wasn’t going to stand up to force. I will eventually end up bruising this stem and laying it horizontal. The Blue Dream and Gorilla Glue are still showing a bit of yellowing from less than ideal conditions for sativas early in life. Once they get their first 1.5 gram feeding of FloraFlex v1/v2 they will snap right out of this nearly immediately.
Counted it out and today is day 31. How do you feel about 24 hour light during the entire vegetative stage? @OGIncognito

2 Likes

@Borderryan22 :point_up_2:t2:Your opinion too please.

I’ve never tried it, just your 2 basic 18/6 and 12/12. I have run autos on 6/2 once experimenting :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Excellent looking Pharm Grow Bro :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Really did some damage to the Blue Dream last night. Got it crutched and a fan blowing directly on the wound to dry it out. She’ll be fine. Turned my lights up to 75% yesterday and noticed the difference already this morning. Everything is looking good. Still have a little yellowing on the Gorilla Glue but she’s growing out of her issues with good circulation and regular feeding now. Gold Leaf is setting up for a Gold Medal run! The best grown is homegrown!:call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

2 Likes