Starting from bagseed!

Hey there hope all is well! So ive been doing the whole autoflower experience for 8 months or so now, and to be honest its awsome minus the yeild sometimes …the only thing the irritates me is constantly buying the seeds online, headshops ect… a long long time ago i had 1 plant turn male yadyadyada you know the deal it ruined my whole crop and complete waste of hard work but i ended up with well over 10000 seeds haha…my question is should i germinate a few , veg and pick out the males then keep a mother? (Opinions)…will it still have good genetics, is it really worth the risk or should i pull my socks up and really pay attention to them so it doesnt happen again, not sure if there anyone here that only grows bagseed with success. .

2 Likes

Regular seeds are the most stable. (Male and female seeds)
A lot of people have their own custom strains even though yours wasn’t planned that’s whAt happened. Absolutely plant a few to find a female, and keep it as a mother. Or you can start a lot and just weed out the males. Pun intended. Haha welcome to the forum! @Kroncaddycustoms

8 Likes

Thanks i appreciate the feedback! Ya i think im going to start 10 and maybe just keep posting pics in high hopes for more opinions, im definitely not a new grower but havent done the bagseed in along time…take care pal

2 Likes

We love pics! @Kroncaddycustoms

1 Like

bag seed

more bag seed

a bag seed momma, about 8 months old in this pic

my avatar, guess what… from bag seed.! LOL

i do have some Nirvana seedlings going now, along side my bag seed mommas.!

3 Likes

Hey @Kroncaddycustoms welcome to the forums, yea… like he says we like pics lol and good luck on your grow.

Hey @Covertgrower thanks for the info, good to know

Hey @SlowOldGuy, knew we could count on you for some pics… great looking gals you got there!

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with bag seed, some people just want the experience of growing known strain with genetic profile for various reasons. It helps to be for certain you had a male pollinate them and not a hermaphrodite plant. If it was a herm, those seeds could potentially carry that gene. Otherwise shouldn’t be problem at all.

1 Like