Starting for next grow

Im not sure if you care or not, but your name and zipcode are at the top of the pics. Im not in a legal state, so I try to stay fairly lowkey.

Im no seasoned grower. Im a seasoned partaker lol

As for your lights, you got great wattage for germinating. After that you really want something better. We can do much better for lighting than that if your only trying to do a couple plants, without breaking the bank too bad. Lighting is the #1 most important aspect in this game. You can get good quality lights for cheap. @nicky knows more than I do. I can tag more if your interested.

2 Likes

Oh I’ve seen it! I even had a plant with it but it was my first grow lol and I just kept going it turned out okay.

Do you understand the fox farms nutrients scedule is in the 700 scale, if not I can post the proper chart to follow with a standard 500 tds pen.

Read your run off only feed when run off is low

1 Like

Smh thanks i deleted. Im not in legal state either. So besides getting better lights, which will have to wait bc of money, what should i do to this one?

1 Like

I have a chart that came with it. But no i really dont understand ppms. I have a pen to measure just dont know what it means

I only used half of what fox farm said for nutes. Didnt wanna burn them. Am i not giving enough you think?

1 Like

Real question do you think they will finish and ill be able to smoke some eventually? I started to save money buying. I smoke a lot. Helps with adhd pain and gives me time to think before getting angry. Have had anger problems most of my life. Getting older now so that helps but herb def helps a lot. And if i do need to buy something to help finish please let me know the most inexpensive option. Too many kids and not enough money. The fam has to come first

Time to read up. Ask me when you have a question with a tag.

1 Like
2 Likes

What tds and ph meters do you have? I notice in one of your earlier pictures you had a soil tester. Is that the one you use?

1 Like

No that thing was a pos. I got the vivosun dual pack with tds and ph meter

2 Likes

I too run a vivosun ph pen, make sure to calibrate it about once a week. I use the 6.86 and 4.01 powder packets from amazon. Like 20 packs for $7

Make sure you dip the tips in plain distilled or ro water after use to preserve the accuracy and life of the meters.

1 Like

I saved the calibration liquid. The instructions said too. Is that ok? Or better to make new? My pH is ok last check was 6.7. Im reading the stuff on pH and tds now. Thank you

1 Like

I actually dont know tbh… i make a fresh batch every time… i could be being wasteful.

1 Like

Ok yea the instructions said to make it and save it. So i have all 3 in jars under the cabinet. They still match when i calibrate. I wasnt using ro water to rinse tho just tap. I will start doing that

It’s fine to save for a while in jars that are air tight. I think change it each month to be safe… Maybe each grow idk hard to tell I forget.

The apera 20 I calibrate like twice a year its so solid. Top of your list of goodies to get but starting out is really expensive lots of stuff to buy so use your pen you have now of course until you get tired of it and it makes more sense financially to buy a good one

3 Likes

Yeah, if we ever figure out or way through this freakshow Rona is putting on as far daily life goes here, I plan to upgrade a few items. Usually this whole gig wouldnt have been bad on my pocketbook. I play with diesel trucks so blowing money isnt unheard of, when Im working. But with Schools shutting down and starting up, day cares opening then closing, job laying off then calling me back when schools and daycares are closed… im just thankful the mrs has been able to keep working. Either way…

Yeah, the Apera is definitely a must have as well as a bigger, more efficient nute watering res/system.

2 Likes

I hear that. Well i appreciate all the words of advice and encouragement from the great people ive met on here. A friend with weed is a friend indeed

2 Likes

@DefNSmokn your following my journal but it might be worth your time to look at what my system looks in fill force.

If your Intrested in a bit less maintenance in the future.

2 Likes

Don’t we all do that here?!? :joy:

1 Like

Yes, that is a very strange plant.

1 Like