Starting a progress report on the grow

I got some clones that I was told were blue haze. I started taking care of them on 07/10\21. I have been reading all of ILGM handbooks and I also bought 3 audio books that I have racked up 67 hours of listening to. I am new to the whole growing and I’m doing a run on these before I buy seeds I really want. If you see anything wrong or have any ideas feel free to jump in and please let me know. I will gladly keep updating as I go. Here are the pictures from when I got them and they were in my bathtub to now in the tent.

3 Likes

What light schedule do have it on it looks like it’s budding

Ditto on them already in the flower cycle. Readjust the plant’s photoperiod back to a 18/6 cycle (hours of light/hours of dark).

I have them on a 18 on and 6 off like I had been told to. I have it on a timer. I have been using the 18 on and 6 off the whole time to keep them in veg state. I want them to grow and bush out a little bit better.

1 Like

What kind of light are you using and what are you feeding it do you let your soil dry out a little

I have a 33 watt led light over each plant plus the another led that was given to me by someone else that came with a grow tent they bought. I’m planning on upgrading the light situation once I have the funds. I water them when my probe says the moisture reads 2 to 3 in the soil. I also feed them with miracle grow food once a week like it says too. I followed the instructions on the container. I have another type thats more for the budding needs.

What type of water are u using is it tap water or filtered if it’s is tap water are you letting it sit for a day or 2 to remove chlorine or do you use chlorine drops. Miracle grow is one of the feeds growers frown upon using. What type of soil are they in.

I use my tap water which I have a well but it sits for a few days I have 4 to 5 containers that I use to hold my water so I can have already treated water. I also have been looking for some different ways to feed them. They are in a mix of miracle grow potting soil and some dirt that the guy that gave them to me had mixed up that he used. He told me to just add some miracle grow soil and put them in the 5 gal pots from the 3 gal he had them in. I did what he told me to do and then I found this forum and thought id ask for help here.

I don’t really have anyone around me that grows and that’s why I like that this forum is here so I can ask help and get help. I love the aspect of growing and plan to continue to grow. I just have to work around my finances with what I can get and when I can get it. I would love to get the right stuff and do it 100% perfect as I can and I plan on working to do it it just this is the first time I am growing to actually grow it right and make it great. So I do appreciate everyone who has been helping and giving advice and answers. By the way this is this mornings pictures. :sunrise_over_mountains:

:sunrise:

2 Likes

I am glad you found this group it is the best one available for information and help so welcome and if you stay with us you will be growing better and better plants each time. I no the financial issues this is not a cheap hobby to get into or continue that being said when you do have the funds the first and most important part is going to be a good light for a small grow they will run 200 to 400 the next item is going to be soil and nutrients then everything else is pretty reasonable. You said you were using miracle grow soil and feed. Miracle grow is one of the worst products for your plants because it’s time released and not in the right ratios for marijuana if your feeding with it you are most likely going to overdose them because it’s getting released from the soil and your feed.

Ok I didn’t know that. I was told to get the water soluble miracle grow for veg state and when i switch to 12 hour light for budding to use miracle grow tomato food because it has the more of the nutrients for the flowering stage. I got a sample from extreme-gardening for there products I just have not used them for the fact I had already had these set up. I was going to use the sample next run and see how they do before I chose to use it on a regular. They are an all natural.

Hey guys I’m just updating everyone about the girls. Last night I tested my PH and PPM and the readings where off the walls and I’m freaked out. I tested my run off and my PH was in the 4s and my PPM was in the 7000 to 8000 but I checked the testers in my tap water and it is still reading the normal 7.5 ph and 178 PPM. I don’t know what is going on. I watered my girls with 6.5 water until I saw more water come out from the bottom of the pots. I didn’t want to full on flush the soil all at once so I am thinking to do it slowly over the next few watering and then once my run off test PPM is low again I’ll feed. I was about to switch to the 12/12 light cycle but I’m going to put it off til I fix the issue. The plants look healthy to me tho. Also I have got new dirt to use the next go around. It’s topsoil with no additives and then I got cow manure that is .5 .5 .5 is that ok. I also have sand to mix in to help with water drainage. I was thing of mixing my own dirt next go around. 50% topsoil 25% sand and 25% cow manure.

1 Like

Hey guys and gals hope everyone’s having a good Monday. Update on the girls this morning I did a drastic thing and transplanted the girls Friday night out of MG soil into a 50% topsoil 25% sand 25% Black Kow manure that is .5 .5 .5. I flushed the plants with water and as the MG dirt became swampy I carefully pulled the plant and roots up and rinsed the roots then put them in the new dirt mix I made. Yes I left some MG dirt on them because I didn’t want to hurt them more by trying to fully wash the roots and it seemed like it would have hurt them worst to do that. One on the left is still in the 1400 to 1600 ppm range but I am guessing that is the left over MG soil. The one on the right is doing good at around 500 ppm. I also noticed the dirt mix I made let’s more water drain though it so it drys out in about two days max and that is with fans also. This is them as of this morning.

My girls as of this morning. They seem to be doing good now they are in good dirt and had that flush. I also bought some fox farm fertilizer for them just the store didn’t have everything in I needed at that moment. But I did get a cool schedule from them.

2 Likes

Well I said f it. I jumped to 12 hour light cycle as of today. Wish me luck and I’ll keep you all posted and updated as the weeks go.

2 Likes

Day three of the last leg of the grow guys. I just got all of the fox farm nutes I needed to begin with and the two girls just got the first flower feeding.

1 Like

As of this morning the girls are doing great. Also I did a thing and got a new light should be here tomorrow

1 Like

New lights cane in this morning and are hooked up and shining bright. The two girls just got their scheduled feeding today with fox farm trio and also I got my new ph tester so I now can make sure everything is perfect from this point on. Also I just soaked 5 seeds yesterday and have them in a damp towel to pop them and see how well they do. Seeds are unknown bag seeds just for a fun test run and some different ways to grow and LST and other things.

1 Like

My girls as of today they are looking good. I’m working on week two of the flowering cycle.

2 Likes

Starting week 3 of flowering since light change.

1 Like