I’ve ordered some Foxfarm Ocean Forest, Perlite, and worm castings. I’ll be planting in the large cat llitter containers (the 35 pounders) with holes cut in the bottom to let excess water out.
I’m going to mix the worm castings, perlite, and soil before I plant. I will also be ordering some liquid nutrients to add via the water, but I haven’t decided which yet.
This will be indoors, 6 plants at a time, in my underground grow room. (Yes, winter’s coming, I’ve got that part figured out as well.) Lighting will be a bunch of CFL’s for now at 18/6.
- I’m thinking a good ratio for the mix is going to be 15% worm castings, 60 % soil, 25% perlite. Or am I way off?
- Do I need to sterilize the soil or the mixture or none of the above? (I was reading use the sun for 10 days)
- Should I add other nutrients from the beginning or will that be overkill because of the worm castings?
- What do you guys think of “Worm Casting Tea” instead of mixing it in directly.
- What brand of nutes is your favorite?
Thanks in advance.
(After this grow, I’m going to play with hydroponics a little bit.)