Starting a ILGM 6 White Widow AF Grow

Tent: 3x3x7’ Gorilla
Light: Sun System 315W LEC
Exhaust: 6" Hyper-Fan 315 CFM
Passive intake: 10" on one side and 6" ducting on the other each going into their on boxes with a 12"x12" #7 HVAC filter mounted. Plus the fine screened back flap is open.
Pots: 3 gallon fabric pots.
Soil: 50/50 mix Ocean Forest and Happy Frog
Nutes: Grow More
Water: collected rainwater

Is there a grow journal section?

2 Likes

Watching with interest! How old are the babies from sprouting?

5 days.
We’re having low humidity weather. I’m hanging wet towel in there trying to maintain over 50% rh.
I ordered a humidifier and it will be here Tuesday.

http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Humidifier-TaoTronics-Ultrasonic-Nightlight/dp/B00V7M9YQQ?tag=greenrel-20

2 Likes

Some close up shots.

Looking good! Did some crafting today and almost done with a home made humidifier lol. Based on the same principals as the one you posted, using a sonic fogger to create the mist with it on a weighted float inside a 5 gal bucket. 80cm cpu fan pushes air into the bucket threw the top and the mist exits from a 90 degree elbow pointing up. Should work… Theoretically lol!

Sounds interesting.
I thought of buckets but right now I’ve got limited floor space.
I’ll probably cull down from 6 to 4 for my 3x3 foot area.

I added the humidifier. Preliminary tests show it’s helping. It has a humidistat which is helpful.

2 Likes

What was your relative humidity before and after the humidifier?

I was in the 30-40 before.
Now 60’s.

Nice increase with it! I bought a humidifier today to hold me over until my atomizer arrives, increased from 16% to 25% :fearful: lol.

I only plan on using it when needed. Seedling and veg. During flower no way.

I finally got the tent dialed in for now.
Temps holding in mid to high 70F’s and the Rh in the 50-75 range. Mostly in the 60 range.
Here’s a video.

Lowered the LEC to 24" above the plants.
This seems like a good height for now with this light.
Temp and RH doing good.

Looks interesting…I’ll be watching…new grower here

1 Like

Here they are at 2 weeks old today. The 2 on the left were slow at the start.
I haven’t grown WWAF before. They’ve received nothing but rainwater waterings and one diluted tea watering.
I’m thinking they look pretty good so far.
Agreed??

On edit I do notice a little up leaf curl.
Maybe my LEC is too close at 24". It’s not too hot but rather I’m thinking it’s too intense??

2 Likes

23 days old now. These White Widow autoflowers aren’t as “burly” as my last auto grow which was Northern Lights and Fast & Vast. These plants are more dainty and are preflowing quicker.
I just put wood sections under 4 of the 5 to even out the tops and get then all 18" under the Sun System 315W LEC.

Oh, and the ambient humidity is back up so the humidifier is gone.

2 Likes

They look good. In my experience in this strain they will veg longer under 24/0 light schedule. This allows them to get bigger before they start flowering

Thank you! They are on a 20/4 cycle so far. Would it mess them up to 24/0 at this stage? Would it help?

It def wouldn’t hurt them. Not sure I tried 18/6 when I first started growing these plants. I seen a big difference when I switched to 24/0

1 Like

I liked the ww autos so much I ordered some regular ww seeds.

I would grow these ww autos forever if I didn’t have to buy the seeds.

1 Like