Starting a Grow Closet. Need Light experts!

Hey everyone. Ok I am attempting my first indoor grow. This will never be a big grow op. I grow for personal medicinal uses. So that being said, I’m committing to only 2 plants at a time. So, grow closet specs:
40inL x 28inW x 48inH
Well ventilated, mounted fan a couple shelves up. And, and A/C vent.
Current temp 75F
RH 40-50
Now, I’ve read threads here and will continue research on, PH, Nutes, etc. all good there.
But there just too many Dang lights and options. So my question is.
Can someone recommend a light/light kit that will get me from Seed to Flower for 2 PLANTS ONLY? What would y’all recommend?

1 Like

I’d go with a HLG 260 v2 rspec kit

5 Likes

I’m conserned with your 48 inch high. To hang a light you lose say 8 inches so 40, pot 12 inches leaves 28,then distance from light to plant15 inches leaves you with 13 inches for plants max hight. @dbrn32 how would you solve this problem? I’m not sure who tag in lol

5 Likes

You can manage a space like this. It’s a little more difficult and time consuming, but with the right stuff can be successful grow.

@DankBank22 the light Hellraiser recommended is probably the way I would go. You are limited on options at only 40" wide. Plus you want something low profile and diffuse.

6 Likes

Welcome ! You have received great advice. I would just like to add you might start looking at training spread plant out so you can feel your space out with a full canopy and not so much growing upward. Just my thoughts good luck with your grow.

5 Likes

Thanks everyone. Yeah not too terribly concerned with the height. Will definitely have to train the plants, and work on an even canopy. Alright, imma order my kit today! Thanks guys!

3 Likes

Good timing as HLG has restocked and has many lights and kits in stock and ready to ship.

3 Likes

Hahha man I didn’t realize they we $300-400!
Damn. Guess I’ll just use it for my seedlings, and my lights out closet for my Female.
May look into piece part and diy board.
Appreciate the help @Hellraiser

1 Like

Yeah HLG is not cheap but they are great lights, another option would be getting a HLG 135 rspec for $200 and add another one when budget allows.

If I reduce my grow space to 3x3.
Would One or 2 - 250w HPS Bulb grow one plant?

It would, a 400 watt HPS would be better for a 3x3 space, but 2 250s wold work as well, just need to control the heat. I’ve used 600 watt HPS in a 3x3 tent but will need a good exhaust to keep temps in line.

So just calculated my Sq. Footage of current closet
7.78 sq. Ft
Divided by (estimate 4 sq. Ft. per plant)
Leaves me approx. 2 sq. Ft. to light one plant. (Geez I hope that’s right lol)
As for the heat…the closet actually has an A/c vent, and I’ve mounted a fan. Constant 75 degrees. But yeah heat would be biggest issue. I think HPS is the way to go for my current sitch. This is so mich fun though!