Starting a couple of Girls Scout Cookies Extreme, third new grow

Thanks, loving Jack’s. It takes all the feeding guesswork out. Just mix and feed the same thing every time. Their runoff PH is 5.85 and 5.95 which is perfect for Coco. Feeding every other day for now as we have had a family crowd at the farm over thanksgiving, kept me away from them a bit. Feed them around 1500PPM’s and 1100-1200 runoff, so probably need to feed daily. Also, I was sharing a gallon of feed between the two and had plenty of runoff, but that came to a halt during the last 3 feedings, and had to dump some RO water behind just to get the runoff. The roots have surely grown a lot and they are soaking it all up, so I will start feeding a gallon of feed per plant.

How about this?

How about this? made lots of room, dropped the light back down. Bent one stalk on the other plant as well

4 Likes

Great! Do a little tomorrow too. It will help the lower buds a bunch.

1 Like

Bent another one today, lol. Fed them again. Seems like I can feed them with jack’s daily with no issues whatsoever. Also found out if I Fimm them early I get all these new potential bud sites. i had read otherwise on Autos, but my tall girl I left alone, and her sister I fimmed and it has sprouted all these new bud sites. My bride walked out to the greenhouse today, had not done so in a while, and she was amazed at the size of these two plants.

1 Like

It is amazing what happens with these plants when you break the apical dominance of the main stem. All sorts of good things happen. With topping or fimming, besides creating multiple new apical growth points, you interrupt the flow of hormones from the top of the plant to the lower parts. This allows the lower parts to grow more and faster. This in turn gives the plant a flatter more even growth pattern rather than the normal christmas tree shape. Now that you have more growth points and more uniform light distribution over the surface of the plant, you get larger and denser buds. Throw in some low stress training and you can grow some very productive quality plants.
Topped with LST 9/26

Can become this two months later (photoperiod AK-47s and a NL clone)

2 Likes

That is impressive

1 Like

I’m using a SF2000 over the 3 plants.

very nice job.

1 Like

looking awesome…

1 Like

bent a couple more stems. These things are huge!!!

3 Likes

Big difference. Wide and flat versus narrow and tall. The growth tips are already turning their heads up.

1 Like

Amazing, the growth, specially the one I Fimmed. In these pics the plant to the right shows the huge difference in bud sites. I am a Fimm convert of Autos lol.

3 Likes

Looking good man! Coming along nicely

1 Like

@Covertgrower. you mentioned in @Caveman86’s journal you were upping the amount of Epson salt . You said it looked like a Mag deficiency in your plants. One of my girls is showing something similar?? What do you think? I am growing in Coco as well

1 Like

That’s what mine looks like but not as bad. As long as you flushed your coco, and your ph is inline, you should increase it.
Jacks was 1.2 and I just bumped it to 2.4g per gallon. Adjust as you see fit.
Sorry I’m late, playing tag catch up.

1 Like

Thank you, I have not flushed them, should I?. In PH was 5.8 and Runoff PH was 6.03 yesterday with PPM in 1450 and 1370 runoff. This plant I fimmed, and it is huge. By that I mean the number of bud sites compared to the other one I left alone. The other plant looks great but its runoff PH crept up to 6.25 yesterday . I did increase the one plant to 2.2 yesterday and may go a tad higher to keep up with you.

1 Like

I think your ph is in line, and it sounds like you ran plenty of water, you should be good. If you see something off, you may want to flush. Otherwise I think you’re in good shape besides the magnesium.

1 Like

I have an interesting issue. The girls are looking great but the last couple of feedings I noticed the PH creeping up. Yesterday one was 6.3 and the other 6.6 in Coco. I removed and washed the trays and now wondering if I should flush as you had indicated earlier. Thinking I might do a slurry test of the Coco and see what I have before flushing?

I think as long as you’re watering to run off properly in coco, there no reason to disturb the coco. Ph should reset each time you water.
How often are you watering?

I have been watering/feeding every two days. yesterday their numbers were 5.97/1530 in and 6.39/1560 out. #2- 5.73/1620 and 6.6/1920. I have increased the Epson salt to 2.2 grams per feeding. Weather is cold outside, and near 80 or above in a sunny day in greenhouse. ^9 this morning as it is cold and cloudy

1 Like