Startin flowering

starting week 3 in flower. 1st time growing in hydroton( usually always lava rock) running 4x4 tent with hlg 550 v4 set now on low setting.should i slowly raise the setting,? driver is hlg 480h- c2100A. ph is 5.8 and ppms are at 850-900, using root organics buddah bloom. I am running a bit lower temps at 65-70 degrees with lights and 62- 64 with no lights. lights are 20 inches from top of plants

3 Likes

Yes slowly turn it up week by week. Was they under LEDs before?

1 Like

@Jbum yes. 550’s

1 Like

Ok cause sometimes they can freak getting blasted by all that light goodness from LEDs. Could cause mag issues. So I was just curious. But @dbrn32 grand master light wizard recommended the procedure I mentioned above to me.

1 Like

@Jbum was just leary about turning up yes, @dbrn32 knows it all bout lighting. thnx jbum!!

2 Likes

No problem! Good looking garden and best of luck to ya my friend! That 550 should grow some massive buds!!

1 Like

You can probably raise the light some, 20" is pretty close due to how compact board spacing is.

Running a screen like that my approach is to kinda keep light intensity middle of the road through transition. Encouraging a little stretch here will help get colas off of screen some, and that usually provides a little more room for bud formation. Give them like 2ish or so weeks there and then bump up your intensity some. Watch them for like 5 days or so, if they look good bump it again and repeat til you hit full power. Ideally if you can hit full power at 24" or so you should be good.

If you start to see deficiencies back off light power some. That will slow photosynthetic rates down until you can correct issues. Like @Jbum said, keep a bottle of calmag handy. If things are going well you will likely need some.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 thnx for the advice, lifted to 24" @Jbum always have a gallon of calmag handy. had the mag issue in my other tent so guessing i was pounding them with to much light

2 Likes