Starter lights for seedlings and clones

Old grower here. I haven’t grown indoors in 20yrs plus. I always used 4ft florescent lights for seedling and cloning and MHL and HSP for vegetive and flowering. Alot has changed. Can anyone recommend a good ,quality light for seedling and cloning. I have a 5’x5’ area. I am starting about 5 Bruce Banner auto flower seeds. Once the plants are established I plan to move them outside.
I am having a hard time finding a old 4’ florescent.

3 Likes

@dbrn32 can help you with that

2 Likes

Thanks, 20yrs not growing and trying to start back isn’t easy. Technology has changed, I don’t know crap about LED lighting. I am trying to research as much as I can on my own.

3 Likes

Most lights these days have dimmers you can that your plant’s from seed to harvest are you planning to do a complete grow in that 5x5 area

1 Like

No sir, I am planing on getting the plants started good then moving outside. In the near future I will be moving Indoor.

1 Like

Then I would suggest a a HLG Diablo 200 for seedlings and veg it will cover a 3x3 area with the bonus of being able the to kick butt in 2x2 indoor grow if you decide to try that

1 Like

Thank you!

I would also wait for @dbrn32 suggestions

2 Likes

:+1:will do

That sucks

How long do you plan on keeping under light? If literally just for starting seeds and rooting clones home improvement store probably have something reasonably priced. If you need to grow plants out for more than a couple weeks i would maybe look at getting a horticulture specific led fixture. Otherwise something like a 5000k shop light with 3 or 4 strips would probably do fine.

3 Likes

I agree with dbrn32. If you just want to get some seedlings on their feet, than a t5 fluorescent will do that for 5 tiny seedlings.

1 Like

Thanks everybody.

1 Like

@woodmaster1967 im still using flourescent lighting for starting. These days they got high output t5 which have a od of only 5/8". Not like the old school t12 which were inefficient and a 1 1/4" diameter. Oldschool still works!

1 Like

I was HLG site yesterday and noticed it was not listed. I searched the site and found it. I assumed it was out of stock. Do you know why it has been discontinued?

I just got an advertisement from them. Their new 150 watt patriot light for $179. Limited time offer.

1 Like

Out of Stock - NOT discontinued!
The light literally just came out in the last year - maybe six months - and has the latest Diablo QB’s.
Why would they discontinue one of their newest, best selling lights?
It’s on page 4 of their “All Products” tab and they’re taking names to be notified when it’s back in stock…
Something doesn’t add up here.

Yup to my knowledge they are not bringing back the 200.

U can still get qb288 kits just not the hlg200