Starter journal

thats :point_up_2: the name of this game…

:sunglasses: :v:

3 Likes

Well a wise man once told me once you think you know everything you stop learning and if your passionate about a hobby you never truly learn everything there is possible to know but you grow smarter everyday by retaining that knowledge and as you’ve said knowledge is power and thats something they can’t take

4 Likes

Very sweet setup love the light coverage beautiful :fire:

1 Like

Thanks @JJ520 I appreciate it! I’m trying to find a way to get a bigger tent with a rectangle or square top in my basement. These new lights just barely fit in the tent as they were made for HPS which is why they come to a kind of triangle at the top. Unfornately that triangle area is keeping me from raising my lights any limiting my growth space even more, my ac exhaust is squished thru the light due to lack of space I had to make do with what I could, and now headroom is about little to none. But the real drawback is my height clearance in my grow space which limits me at 76 inches which is why my tents are all 6ft tall. There isn’t many options on the market for a 5x9x6 which is ideally what I need so I’m just going off on a limb and messaging every tent manufacturer I can find in hopes of getting a custom one built. Worst case scenario my veg times will be drastically shortened to like 2-3 weeks instead of months to account for lack of height. I’ve messaged gorilla tents, ac infinity, and vivosun in hopes of getting a custom made 120x60x72 instead of the normal size 120x60x80. I don’t really want to build a grow room as I rent and I had some crazy ideas to get the 120x60x80 and cut out a 5-8 in piece in the up and down support poles and try to take a sharkbite copper junction and press the 2 pieces together in hopes it would work but it just seems like more effort than what its worth and if I get that far im not sure what to do with the extra fabric. Another dumb idea was getting cheap vivosun tents and ordering 2 that were 72 inches tall and taking the support poles out and swapping them over to the 120x60x80 but then im spending $200 plus tax and shipping and handling just for 6 poles and then I wouldn’t be able to even use those tents. Ehh I mine as well deal with what I got for a bit and think on this

4 Likes

Little ladies are killing it now. Makes me happy to see them make a come back finally

3 Likes

In case anyone is wondering marshydro will make you a custom tent… if you order 20 at a time. Yeah thanks but im gonna have to pass lol

2 Likes

These ladies are going to town! I’m excited with their growth rate now. Im thinking about topping these ladies and starting their training. @Arrow I’ve marked red and blue lines on 3 pictures and I’d like your input on which spot to pick for topping or mark a new one completely if you’d like. The flower tent is looking like winter came early im in love right now. Going good around these parts how is everyone else?

3 Likes

I’m thinking my flower tent is getting the chop today after work then ill try and get some better pics and get everything cleaned up with lysol wipes and ready to swap over after a 1-2 day drying period then we will see how the girls react to the new lights

2 Likes

i would go blue on both…just my take on it…i feel the most amount of auxins are being pushed at that node currently…this will ensure the least amount of stagnation… and recovery rate should be quick…

may i ask why you want to chop today ? … i see lots of white pistils …curious… :sunglasses: :v:

2 Likes

@Arrow Bruce banner is a 9-10 week strain for flowering time. Coming up on week 10 tomorrow and going for a head high as I don’t care much for couch lock. Seeing almost all cloudy trichomes and very little amber so I’m guessing its her time

2 Likes

@Arrow after I top these ladies i lay them on their side to grow out the side branches and try to make a t shape then twist and tie nodes as growth continues?

1 Like

i have had more strains overshooting the cultivators predictions than the other way around …just saying…its your choice anyhow…your plants look very happy and healthy … :sunglasses:

make the T whilst flexing…only tie down when you reach about an inch or so…

:point_up_2: obviously skill/experience depending… :sunglasses: :v:

2 Likes

So when I top should I bend it down at all or just let the sides grow out then after they reach an inch I believe like you were saying then tie down?

1 Like

I have these LST trainers. Can I top then put one of these on each branch to sort of train it or should I just let them grow until 1 inch long and do the same as pictured in your picture?

1 Like

yes…and keep on doing it every time you walk past your plant/s… :crazy_face:

nothing wrong with them…but nothing will ever come close to “hands on”…

these :point_up_2: have all been produced with a hand full of wire… :sunglasses: :v:

3 Likes

The ladies have been grounded but yet I’m rather uncomfortable with them touching the dirt i know it won’t last long

3 Likes

Just a morning check. They are coming up. Good morning to all. I hope your staying lifted! Out the door to work i go i hope yall have a good one and let me know whatcha think @Arrow. I didn’t chop the girls last night im gonna day 48 hrs of dark so ill clip thm Saturday or Sunday we shall see

5 Likes

lol :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face:…im on the other side of the earth…and on the opposing hemisphere… :sunglasses: :v:

1 Like

Yeah I tend to forget people live in different time zones lol this previous harvest and some bud light platinum got me polished off for the night

2 Likes

I chopped 1 of my Bruce banner ladies then had to dash out the door. Man did she look and smell lovely tho. Heres a pic of me and my baby banner lol

4 Likes