Starter journal

So keep using the grow big thru week 6? Also yes Epsom salts is what im referring to but week 6 will also start shooting powder which is really low NPK like 0, 0.2, 0.6. Been using 25 ml of cal mag and 10 ml of Epsom salt, 19 ml bud xl, 30 ml floranectar, 2.5 ml drip clean, 12.5 ml of silica, and 20 ml of blackstrap molasses. On top of the trio thats all my additives with the recharge also being used 2x weekly

1 Like

OCD cant handle your seedling not been planted in the center of the cup

2 Likes

@OmNomBoogers those darn cats! Lol trust me its driving me up the walls!!! I’m honesty surprised it made it as the dirt was literally tossed back in in a handful and I patted it like your gonna be okay and luck would have it she was!

2 Likes

Yes… keep using Grow Big until you flip them to 12/12 for flower… at that point you can add Tiger Bloom. And with FF, I always water to about 25% runoff… they are famous for salt buildup, but if you water like that, it mitigates it a lot.

I’m rather confused here. My flower tent i sent pics of showing the supposed nitrogen and cal mag Deficiency is in week 6 today just finished off the week 5 water this morning and in the evening ill make up the week 6 water. Following fox farm schedules for week 6 it calls for no grow big. The veg tent is on a light seedling feed around 200-250 just basing off bottle directions with a touch of molasses. To try and clear things up I was asking about the spots on my baby girls we decided that was humidity drip from the dome after misting but we never decided any amendments for the flower feeding schedule. This is what im going for when I make water after work (Fox farm feed schedules i follow at 60%, strength)
3 tsp per gallon Big Bloom. I’ll add 45 ml
NO GROW BIG
2 tsp per gallon Tiger Bloom. I’ll add 30 ml
1 tsp per gallon Cal Mag. I’ll probably add 30 ml this week since I’ve been adding 25 ml and she still looks hungry
2 tsp per 5 gal Epsom salt. This week I’ll probably bump it up to 1 Tbsp (15ml)
Shooting powder i add 13 grams per 5 gal bucket
Bud XL 3.2 ml per gal. Usually add 20 ml per 5 gal bucket
2 tsp per gallon floranectar. I’ll add 30 ml per 5 gal
20 ml unsulfured molasses per 5 gal bucket
2.5 ml drip clean per 5 gal bucket

1 Like

This is where I’m at in flower currently for my 2 Bruce banner ladies. I have not made up a week 1 veg feeding for the little ladies yet as im still using my seedling water reading about 200-250ppm and everything is always watered at ph of 5.9-6.0

1 Like

The schedule is a great start but not every plant grows the exact same number of weeks and with a photo , you decide when to flip to flower not a mfg nutrient schedule.

All I was saying is that Big Bloom is ok throughout the entire cycle. Grow Big is for vegetative state (you need N to grow more leaves) but you ween off Grow Big when you add Tiger Bloom and eventually cancel the Grow Big as you don’t want new growth during flowering, you want everything to go into the buds (N makes new and stronger leaves)

3 Likes

If you are trying to limit N and growth of non bud structures during the flowering is it also important to do a heavy flush before you change your lighting schedule. Can N rich potting soil cause problems during flowering

1 Like

Yes because usually N rich potting soils are time released nutrients

2 Likes

These 2 little ladies are starting to see new leaves almost daily now and the flower tent is packing on weight had to tie some branches up this morning

5 Likes

So I’ve been talking with my buddy and he swears adding co2 (by means of exhale bags and TNB co2 shake bottles in his 10x10 with negative pressure) veg thru flower all the way from beginning to end is the way to go and to get the most powerful light possible? Now the lights hes talking about in theory are damn near the same specs as the HLG scorpion diablo. So what’s your guys input on the best bang for my buck if im dropping $1,000-$1,200 per light @dbrn32

1 Like

If you put enough light in the tent then you can probably justify supplementing co2. Purposely exhausting it makes no sense though.

Both are nice lights. I haven’t seen roi-720, just the 680. I would check their customer service to see if its inline with hlg, should you need anything.

2 Likes

Only main difference im seeing is they offer the growers choice at my local garden store and not the HLG. My buddy uses their products and says they are worthwhile but the person who suggested them to him has never replaced or had anything go out and neither has he. Well I guess il go with 2 of those for my flower tent instead of the 4 hlg 350r. Then is it worthwhile to upgrade my veg light in my veg tent? I know they don’t need a bunch of light but idk where to draw the line.

Currently running a VIPARSPECTRA tc1350

1 Like

If you are happy with results I would say it’s good enough.

1 Like

Well I’m weighing my options between getting rid of the blurple viparspectra and putting in the 2 bigger marshydro lights to get complete coverage in my 5x5 or keeping the blurple and just selling my 2 big marshydro lights and my 1 small one

1 Like

I wouldn’t think the vipar above would do great in space that big. Maybe the two mars lights would be better?

2 Likes

Well then its determined. The flower tent (4×8×6) which currently has 2 marshydro TSW3000 and 1 TS600 will be upgraded to 2 roi-720 growers choice lights and those 2 big marshydro lights will be moved to the veg tent (5×5×6) to replace the viparspectra tc1350 blurple and then the small marshydro light will be set aside for other small projects. Thanks for your input @dbrn32. Next paycheck I’ll get that ordered. For the time being I’m getting all my Amazon shroom list stuff in and waiting on spores! :smiley:

2 Likes

Week 8 is tomorrow and these ladies are looking plump! I can’t believe I have 1 bud bigger than a soda can! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Awesomeness!

Yes I’m very excited to see how much bigger that one nug will become over the next couple weeks. Its the biggest nug in the tent by far

1 Like