Starter journal

@Thumper my buddy said its to fatten up the nugs week 5-7

Yesterday I did the pre flower trim and took out a lot of the stuff not getting any light in hopes to slow it down. I can take a pic when I get home but my girls are barely dressed lol

2 Likes

This?

1 Like

@Thumper yep my buddy said that and the bud xl fattens those nugs up like crazy

2 Likes

I added the liquid bone meal and boogie black to my shopping cart but the earthworm tea sounds like it would go real fast in a coco application for the price so I won’t get that as it seems it will be costly to keep using

1 Like

They probably aren’t all like this but that would go really fast as my veg tent now is drinking over 10 gallons a week as is

1 Like

It goes pretty fast for me in soil as well… like I said I won it, so I’m trying it. The plants seem to love it but I don’t think I would go buy it…

Edit: Your’e in Coco all by itself or you mixing it in soil?

On board ready to watch!

1 Like

70% coco 30% perlite mother earth brand. Just bag premix no soil added

1 Like

Having trouble finding potash. Liquid or powder form better? Also any specific brand of kelp liquid to go with?

2 Likes

Also on a side note is it just me or is my buddy crazy? He’s buying clones for like 2-3k from another buddy who buys them off the internet and has then shipped to him because they have been pheno hunted for the best genetics but half the stuff he shows me looks no better than what I can find on here bought from seed from this site. He claims by the time he clones and harvests them he’s made his money back but I can’t understand how you justify spending 2-3 grand on a clone. Im not experienced enough to grasp that idea yet lol
Gary Payton top
Sunset sherbert bottom

3 Likes

I would feed more and sooner and don’t let the coco get dry, keep it moist, it’s almost impossible to over-water in coco (believe me, I’ve tried). I start off my seeds in coco with full strength Jacks and they take off like a rocket and never slow down.

This what my seedlings look like at 5 days above ground, if yours don’t look like this at 5 days then you may want to try my methods.

Same plants at 10 days

I would have no problem paying 2-3K for a clone if it was the best weed ever, would only have to buy it once and keep making more clones. But without a taste test of the bud first to convince me it’s the best bud ever than I would not be interested.

5 Likes

@Hellraiser so you think I should buffer my coco in a full strength seedling solution and then water with feedings like every other day? I saw in one of your forums you don’t water them daily with nutes when they are small like every other day or as needed until they can take more. Id have to double check but it was the gorilla glue one I initially commented on

2 Likes

Also im at the same arguement. Not only do I feel I’m not experienced enough to take on such a daunting task but thats a big risk to accidentally kill lol

3 Likes

The GG grow I was still using potting soil, have changed some with the move to coco.

I use Canna coco bricks now and expand them with full strength Jacks 321 (about 950 ppm), then plant the seeds directly into the wet coco and then leave them alone to sprout under 24/0 light (light high up so it doesn’t dry out the coco) to keep tent warm. 4-5 days later they’ll sprout and then first couple waterings are just RO water (every couple days), as plenty of nutes in the coco from the initial expanding/feeding with the Jacks, after that they are fed with every watering with full strength Jacks.

Not saying you should go full strength immediately with your nutes as Jacks may be more forgiving than your nutes but if your sprouts are not growing as fast as they could, then upping the nutes a bit from the beginning can help with that.

Yes, that would give them a nice start.

2 Likes

Sounds good. Im still trying to get everything down to a method and work on scheduling my runs tighter so I have other tents available. But for sure the seedling thing is something I needed to look into. Now when your adding the jacks are you adding just the jacks or other nutes as well to bring it up to the ppm of 950? Because I would usually do cal mag and fox farm trio for buffering. Also my tiny planters are just that they are really tiny lol would I be better off just using 8oz solo cups or would a transplant from the tiny planter to a solo cup to the final 5 gal pot be better since I’m using great white mycorrhizae on the roots and transplant site everytime?

2 Likes

Also is there anything I don’t have that you would recommend @Hellraiser

1 Like

Just Jacks for the initial expanding/watering of the coco, I don’t use calmag since moving to Jacks as it’s not needed since Jacks has plenty of calcium and magnesium. After that I start adding silica and a root enhancer/microbes (like Tribus though I use Fish Sh!t mostly)). And yes I would just start them in sol/party cups, the ones I use are 16 oz.

Not really but after you run low on your nutes, may consider moving to Jacks, works great with coco and so much cheaper than bottle nutes, and won’t need Calmag anymore either.

2 Likes

Veg tent right now. Got the pre flower trim in and the net setup last night. My ladies look so bare now

3 Likes