Started my grow on 8/26

@dbrn32 sorry about the coloring, they aren’t discolored or anything, still green.

1 Like

For sure. But if you’re looking for possible issues with your plants, it’s extremely difficult to tell under that lighting. Especially in a picture.

Just an update on a pic with better lighting I believe…how does she look…

She is a uniform green color, I know the one leaf on the edge looks darker, that’s just due to my flash…

2 Likes

Looking great brother!! Just keep monitoring your water pH and you could probably start checking the run-off, but it should be good. FF holds its own pretty well for several weeks.

@GetbackJoJo Ok so no nutrients yet? Am I past the point of misting them and should start watering them with a watering can?

You guys here are awesome!

I would say yes but just make sure they are getting dried out a bit before you do water them. Again, check your pH level on the water and just let them grow.

Ok. So when you say check the run off… does that mean I should water them enough so water comes out of the bottom or sides of the fabric pot? Then I check that PH?

That is exactly what that means.

Perfect. Lol. So I should be shooting for the runoff to be at 6.5 correct?

Yes. You can adjust the water in at that point so your run-off is in that range.

Seems simple enough…is it still too early for nutrients?

Looks like you are only on the third set of leaves. I’d wait at least until you have 5 sets of true leaves growing. Remember when you do start, go light on them at first. I used 1/2 strength the first time and it was too much. Go 1/4 strength at first when you do start.

You are awesome @GetbackJoJo. Thank you for all of the help! How difficult is it to overwater in fabric pots? Should I stop watering once I get enough to test runoff?

It’s really hard to drown them because the pots drain so well. You can over water though by watering them too often. Best way to tell is just lift the pot after watering and feel how heavy it is. When they start to get much lighter, it’s time to water.

1 Like

Thank you! I will keep you all updated. Everyone here is awesome!

Good Morning Everyone!

I have a few more questions as my grow progresses…

So now that I am to the point of actually watering them instead of misting them…

1)What do you guys use to gently water them? If I just pour water out of the spray bottle it moves the dirt around in the pot because it just comes out and isn’t aerated…is there a small water can that you guys recommend?

1. As far as nutrients, is there one brand that is recommended over another?

2. As far as buying both nutrients and ph up/down, how fast do you go through them? I have 3 BB Autos as see I can get a PH Control kit that is 8oz of Up/Down, how long will that last?

Thank you everyone for all of the help!!

1 Like

A close up pic I took this am…

1 Like

Hi @dmykins! Great looking little plant :slight_smile:

As far as nutrients go, you will get a lot of differing opinions as to what is best. What I can tell you for sure is that your plant looks fine and likely does not need nutrients at this point.

I grew in FFOF and it wasn’t until I was close to switching to flowering that I needed to add nutes. Your plants will tell you when the soil is depleted enough to need to add anything additional. FFOF is notorious for being a “hot” soil and usually has all you need for many weeks. Also, if you transplant into FFOF you are restarting the nutrients, so-to-speak, so it should prolong your need for nutes.

For nutes I am using currently the FFOF trio, but I am well into flower. I think I only dosed them once in veg with nutes at 1/4 strength and I still managed to get some slight nute burn.

The PH up and down lasts FOREVER. When I have to adust I just use a few drops of each, depending on what I need. I got the larger bottles though.

We purchased a small watering can that has a head like a shower head - you know, multiple holes, worked great.

Good luck and keep up the good work!

I started my first grow this year in pots outside. My partner in crime had me put some rocks on top of the soil to disperse the water. :blush:

@rodri59 I have autos, so I assume they will just switch themselves when the time comes. Question, what are the little white growth in the pic above?