Started LST and now questioning

And others are catching up too! She’s gone absolutely crazy over the last couple weeks

1 Like

Yep lol this was one that kept fighting me but I just kept running the main along the pot and look at her now lol nice short plant full of tops

5 Likes

3 Likes

She looks beautiful brother! This one was just kind of a FastBuds test to see their genetics, and I’m sooo happy with them so far I have all of these now :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Nice I was going to try them next I still have more growers choice seeds left so I’ll run those next the following run I was gunna try some fastbuds seeds

Your plants look happy as hell :grin:

1 Like

I can’t fault them enough brother honestly, they’re the top rated breeders on Grow diaries, and all have amazing results :pray:t2:

1 Like

Thanks, thats been my main curiosity. So now, the plan is to play the main cola by ear, depending on height of secondaries. If this helps put height into perspective, heres another before/after. (Not sure what order they’ll post in!) Great pics you all have. I guess i need to see the stretch for myself to really get it. Mine were doing great and then hit a bump in the road when i discovered the soil in my cloth bag had pockets of dry soil. As soon as that was remedied, they went back to good growth.

3 Likes

They look absolutely fine to me brother! You’ll be surprised how much two weeks or even a week makes a difference with autos!

1 Like

They look good mine really exploded after week 4 and bushed out and up, I thought they were done stretching… but I was wrong they really stretched during pre flower

2 Likes

Here’s my 35 day old baby super skunk auto … she looks so small in that 10g pot lol

5 Likes

She looking good brother!!

2 Likes

Hi again, Im thinking maybe i should keep any questions i have under this/my initial post? Or make a new one for new questions so that its easier for others to find in search results?

Anyway, my question is about the initial stigmas that grow. I can tell that im getting near the time for flowering, but im confused that some stigmas are already turning orange before even beginning to form buds. I was under the impression that this isnt good, even when buds are first forming. However, i read one post somewhere that mentioned it could also happen at sites that ive touched/disturbed. (Most likely with twist ties.)

Thoughts appreciated as any search results go straight to people asking about orange pistils on pre-existing buds.

1 Like

2 Likes

Completely normal brother! More white ones will grow and go amber and be replaced by more white, pretty sure that’s normal :slight_smile:

2 Likes

you seem to be doing fine for the most part, once she starts doing her final stretches is when youll see your lady start to look similar to what you see on others lst jobs

1 Like

@Se7en if you remember, tag me when you start your purple punch, i just harvested a barneys purp punch and i wanna see how the genetics compare…mine has been my smallest auto yet- about 1.3ozs dry, not much amber at all but definitely some bedtime green

1 Like

@goldiemouth270 Most certainly will brother! It may be one I do outdoors though, or Atleast start outside as I may not have room in the tent for it this run or next but I wanna grow it still :rofl:

I’ll be doing three of one of the following

Gorilla cookies auto
Banana purple punch auto
Cherry cola auto
Purple lemonade auto

All FastBuds

3 Likes

Thanks as usual to those who helped ease first timer concerns. I guess im also using my post for updates mostly on my main plant, if it ever helps contribute to the infirmation pool of one thing or another.

Just did another training session. As the amount and length of secondary stems is increasing, the easier it is for me to understand what id like to do with them. It should be noted that i have learned to be careful with positioning when tying down the main stem to the pot, as it sometimes interferes with the plants desired direction of the newer secondary stems.

Im enjoying guiding them in opposite circular directions; one with the main stem and the other with the secondaries. Its a good thing that i have TIME for it. Im probably babying them too much, but between tie down sessions, i still visit them a few times a day and use the soft end of a twist tie to properly tuck each and every leaf i can find to promote the best light to my upcoming bud sites.

*Im also trying to direct the large fan leaves to the outside of the pot and find that it helps to support them by crossing them with each other. Im finding that it also helps to declutter the foliage inside the pot area. The only concerns i have is that the thick clusters of fan leaves may sweat on each other too much and potentially cause moisture related problems on leaves. And i may be slowing photosynthesis because one fan leaf is blocking a portion of light to leaf that its crossed with. If anyone is actually still reading this, feel free to chime in with any thoughts on that.

Anyway, the first pic should be from before starting traing and the others are from afterward.

PS Sorry for any/all typos. Spellcheck doesnt alert me the same when im typing posts in this box and i type fast, usually depending on the vibration alerts. ← And obviously someone is on a tangent from not sleeping.

3 Likes

I was worried about my LST attempts being it’s my first grow and I had no idea or direction for what I was trying to achieve except to keep all the growth as even as possible. My plants looked sad as I was training them but then magically they started looking good. These pics are a week or so apart and I had no idea if my LST was actually working but fast forward a week and it appears to be. ( that plant is the one on left)

6 Likes

Yep it looks great!

1 Like