Start using DLI

just amazing @yoshi

2 Likes

I’m still not on your level just yet , but I’ve been like a termite here lately !

4 Likes

@yoshi very nice
I’m a little late to this conversation so apologies if it’s been covered . Above you said you use the ppfd app (the one with pink ring) . I was wondering how accurate you find the app
Not sure if I’m doing it correctly or if I need calibration
I have a scorpion rspec and from Hlg web site at 24 inches the center square average 624 ppfd and my phone with that app reads right around 950 average not sure if this is correct
Again sorry for being late I read most of this post and have a pretty good grasp of dli
If my app is close

2 Likes

Oh forgot to say I have an s21 android

1 Like

S21 dang… Here I am with my trusty s8.

How did they jump 13 models lol

3 Likes

Right!? I’m here with my 9, and still thinking I’m doing well! :rofl:

The reports from other folks on the site who compared the Photone app with the Apogee $500 meter indicate that the app is close enough for most purposes. That being said, phones vary, apps vary, and Photone does not have a pink ring. You also need to select the correct light source. Photone, for example, comes free with the CFL source but you have to pay ($5) for the LED or sunlight. Word from those who did side by side measurements is that the sunlight setting was most accurate for use with your Diablo.

Note that I haven’t done the side by side comparison with a real meter, but my phone measurements come very close to what my light mfg says the lights put out.

4 Likes

I was talking about the one on the bottom with the pink ring @yoshi said earlier he used it
I’ll download the photone and compare

2 Likes

Like I said, I don’t know a thing about the 2nd one, but 2 respected members (Hellraiser and (I think) dbrm32) tested Photone against the Apogee and got very good results. I don’t remember if they used iPhone or Android, and the two ARE different. iPhone requires a diffuser, Android does not. I’ve compared my iPhone (w diffuser) and my Android tablet and got similar results.

1 Like

Both devices are roughly 4-5 years old, so neither is a current model.

1 Like

The one at the bottom is inaccurate. Photone is the only one we have been able to verify accurate

4 Likes

Ok thank you

1 Like

@Odin1 Hey Bud I just got same light for my 4x4 flower tent. I have a galaxy A20. Lets stay in touch I’d like to dial in this light also.

1 Like

Yes sir
I downloaded the photone app and used the ppfd charts from ppfdcharts.com or from HLG site compared it to the reading I got on the phone (android no diffuser) and then went into calibration and adjusted it now the phone just about match the charts at least close enough

Then I played around on the calculator on HLG site
“ppfd to dli” to figure out the dli needs at different stages
For instance
Input: 200 ppfd at 18 hours a day of light gives you a Dli of 12.96 just about perfect for seedlings
Now take phone (calibrated) and either move light or dim till you get 200 ppfd and your set
Now play with calculator for all stages
But basically you slowly ramp up to full power towards the end of veg and stay there till last few weeks or if you start seeing fox tails
Little more to it than that but that’s it in a nut shell

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Questions to come I am sure! LOL

2 Likes