Start using DLI

Ok are you in a 12/12 bc your screenshot is on 18hr light schedule.

1 Like

Ahh yes thank you

1 Like

No problem. Then probably adjust intensity back up if possible to get around the same DLI you had there.

1 Like

So I need to drop my light?

Where it was. Dropped my light 6 inches to put it about 51

@nicky is the expert I’m just going by my understanding so wait for him or someone but if you have room to drop the light I’d say that would be the move.

3 Likes

I think 40-50 is probably the sweet spot.

3 Likes

It was at 24 inches. I’m using a SF 4000 @100%
I’m going to check again in the morning because lights just went out. But I’m thinking it’s about 18-20 now

3 Likes

You’re pretty good there. I shoot for 35. Remember you want to take an average of your light footprint or plant canopy. Just checking one spot isn’t going to tell you where you’re really at.

2 Likes

Follow the chart as a rough guide, depends on age of plant, plant training methods and other factors like stain etc.

@Newt I left for work and my plants ran at 154 DLI for like 3 weeks… I got some fox tails lol.

4 Likes

Oh, I didn’t leave it at 101. Was just surprised by the reading after adding the new light. I’m back to 65.

2 Likes

Smart. I didn’t know my reading was that high because I was busy and didn’t take updated readings after my plants grew really close to the lights… Don’t do it lll

4 Likes

Yeah, I had just added the new panel, and turned it on at 100%, and took the reading at canopy level. I didn’t think I could get to 100 on 12 hour mode. Almost crapped my pants, so had to screenshot it.

6 Likes

Shoot. I have been procrastinating on unhooking my light and getting it zip tied up to the ceiling but I guess that was the motivation I needed (maybe) to go do it. My biggest plant by far is hugging the boards on my KingBrite :man_facepalming:t3:

2 Likes

So I did this before as well but there is a better method, for years I have been running my ratchet wrong.

Remove the wire hangers from your boards but keep the little clasps, click the top part of the ratchet into one side of the board, go over the top support beam of your tent, clip the other side into the clasp.
This way when you pull on it snug it should be able to be sucked right up just as if you Zap strapped it.

If you have to Zap strap you have your ratchet setup wrong.

@Graysin
Also yes this is the motivation

4 Likes

Oh yeah, I realized about a week ago I had my ratchets clipped all wrong. I fixed the ones I have and it allowed me to hang my two new lights but unfortunately I don’t have any extra ratchets (getting more Monday maybe?). So right now my HLG is only attached by the wires and carabiners that came with it. No good way to raise it. The KingBrite I can probably fix but honestly now that I’ve thought it all through it’ll probably wait til I have the ratchets for my HLG. Only have to mess with it once that way

1 Like

On the dli chart is the crop stage weeks? Ie. Clone clone clone clone clone=5wks?

1 Like

Yes.
Many Commerical products charts are labeled this way since as we know growing from seed is very limited in Commerical operations. You can see this in nutrient feec charts as well that are Commerical grade.

Right on, thanx @Nicky. Just wanted to make sure I was reading it correctly. This was my 1st time trying to clone under led and fried them. Round 2 starts this eve so I’ll zero my light according to tha chart👍

2 Likes

Hey Bud… First light I made two yrs ago was with the 120s, I ended up putting 12 of those in my 4x4. I got very nice bud and weight with that set-up.

2 Likes

Right on, I have 12 for a was 4x6 but lights didn’t reach so I’ma drop back to 3x6 next run.
I now have a closet full of QBs so I may add.

1 Like