Start of week 8 question

I started baked mix pack seed and saw preflower at week 5 so I just suspected that it’s an auto flower. However these plants are about to start week 8 No buds yet just the curly hairs at base of the water leaves. These girls are almost 40” tall so I am doubting the auto flower theory but afraid to change lighting in case they are. Any thoughts?

Change the lighting schedule to 12/12 and they’ll start to flower.
Welcome to ILGM! :seedling:

4 Likes

Plants start showing preflowers when they are sexually mature, does not mean that it has gone into flowering.

5 Likes

Pictures in natural light would help…

1 Like

The Baked Sweets Mixpack contains 3 photoperiod strains, not 3 autoflower strains.

Then I better get moving. Thanks for input I’ll change light and wait 2 weeks to see.

6 Likes

So the ladies in the picture are GSC candy kush and gold leaf. It is only my 3rd grow. Since they are around 40” tall what should I expect for end height?

2 Likes

When you flip them they can stretch to double the size so hope you’re lights will go up high enough. They will be huge! I’m not sure your tent is tall enough.

2 Likes

Yeah, those are going to be huge, specially the GSC and gold leaf, 40" before flowering could easily get to 60" or more.

1 Like

Tent is 80 “

I have to ask the question. Will the plants survive if I cut off the huge 14 petal leaves to open up for the large amount of undergrowth below them? I hope the 80” tall tent is enough. I have 1 spider farmer 2000 led light inside.

Yes, the plant will survive and with more light getting to the lower branches/tops, they will benefit from it. But try not to overdo it. I find the 3rd week of flowering a good time to do a more aggressive defoliation, get the big fan leaves out of the way of the bud sites they are covering.

1 Like

is this a male pod?

Quality of pic makes it hard to see anything bro.

Looks boyish.

It’s zoomed all the way in on the phone. It’s on mendos breath seed that was in my wife’s medicine. Don’t need to loose the good girls for a freebie seed. If the site does not care about size of pics I will provide the originals on future posts. I have 2 Girl Scouts and Kandy kush as well as a gold leaf that are showing little buttons.

Looks male, but ride it out until you’re sure.no harm in that.

Start of week 4 Gold leaf main cola with girl scout cookies growing well in the back ground. Only one little problem, the Kandy Kush went nuts and has reached the light with the main.

Week 5 flower Gold Leaf, Kandy Kush to left and 2 GSC in the back.

1 Like

Is it ok to snip the water leaves off the main cola? The stems on these leaves are like 4 and 5 inches long and those leaves are cutting the light intensity to all the lower sites? 4 weeks left of flower on my Kandy Kush and those big ass leaves are inches away from light but show zero signs of any stress. Temps stay in the low 80’s with an exhale bag.