Start Autoflower under these conditions?

I am down to the wire on my first grow. By calculations I will harvest Grape Ape next couple of weeks and three Wedding Cake by end of August and the one WC by first part of September. I am anxious to get the next grow started. I have ILGM GSC-Extreme auto seeds to plant. That said:

1. can I start the germinated seeds under a 12/12 light schedule? With slight light filtering of the plants already in the tent? In the back of the tent they will have bit more access to the light. I plan to start in the truly biodegradable Cow Pot (manure based - I put one in the photo to show the size of that pot) then plop that in the AutoPot (4) and maybe a couple in Soft Pots.

2. Would it be prudent to do so under these conditions? I can start with T5 lights in closet. But it may be a good 4 weeks before I can put them in the tent if I do that and would that be too long under a T5?

Patience is a virtue, I know, but I am so ready to see how I can do with these auto’s.

(The tray of soil is FF Ocean. My son said it was worth a shot to put some in there for CO2, which our next quest is to add some sort of CO2 system to the next grow.)

2 Likes

I’ve gone 3 weeks under t5 with no issues at all. 4 weeks roots might get a lil cramped but would come back with a vengeance when potted up. JMHO I’d be fearful of the light flowering now being to strong for the seedlings. 12/12 shouldn’t matter, you said they are autos right?

1 Like

Yes you can germinate in a 12/12. I prefer to get them ready in my bathroom once I have a nice tap root. I grow exclusively sively on a 12/12 start to finish. :+1:

1 Like

just curious, do you run the seedlings under your flowering light. Learning curve for me…

If you are asking me, then no. I keep them in darkness. Up to 24 hours soak then transfer to damp toilet paper for 48 hours. I may transfer to my 15 gallon fabric pots today at the 36 hour mark. They have some nice tap roots already. :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

This is my first grow and what I did was sprout them out, then put them under T5 light 24 hrs. Of all my notations, I cannot find when I switched to 18/6 but maybe a few weeks? Went to Mars Hyrdo TS3000 LED, and whoops, a bit strong right off but they recovered.

The plants I have now are feminized but the GSS-EXT will be autos. I think I will wait a couple of weeks and start with T5 in another room. I was going to do closet but bathroom sounds good, too. May as well admire them while sitting on the throne. :rofl:

Per tap roots: holy moly but did they ever get one going fast! Good reason to wait a bit I suppose. I know you start the autos in the planter you end with but am I correct to think that simply dropping the CowPot planter into the final one is okay? That should not stress them too much or at all I would think.

Thanks for the replies! Great info here has kept me on track.

@MrPeat yeah that was for you. I was meaning though, once they are above soil what lights you keep them under?

1 Like

@Bow4Buck I use my HLG 260xl rspec x 2 in my 4x4. I put my seeds in their forever home for a 12/12 start to finish. I grow Super Monsters indoors. :+1::+1:

1 Like

@MrPeat yeah I know what you grow!!! Been lurking on ya. Thats why I’m asking. Trying to add a few tricks to my :school_satchel: :grin::grin::+1::v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Peat tip one. Stock up on paracord. Lol

2 Likes

Paracord for LST @MrPeat @SKORPION ? I have been using that narrow Velcro tape for plants. Easy to remove and shift if needed. Plus, I can make a long tie and then slowly ratchet it down. I need to check your supermonsters. I did FIM, topping, that break the inner layer stem thing, LST at the end. Basically just threw caution to the wind and tried several methods. All I can say is thank goodness I lost two plants as they were huge and I have no idea how they would have fit the tent. I may have had to train them to circle the tent like a winding vine. I do know the autos are best left alone.

I did find a few spots of WPM on one of them last couple of days. By luck I already had the Neem oil for my garden and think I got that handled. Adjusted the fans. It paid off watching everything like a hawk. I just want to get the end of this tricky strain as best I can and start again with all the knowledge I gained with this grow and challenges. Whew, like a pregnant lady, just one more month to go!

1 Like

No I meant using them more for support and bending to fit it in the area not lst or may it’s mature lst not sure on that.

2 Likes

I use paracord for support and also to hang the plants to dry. That is what @SKORPION was referring too. :+1:

1 Like