Stages of northern lights

I am definitely really intensely wanting to see the success of growing it. I like the hobby. It’s a challenge for me for sure, but with all the support here, it’s making it so much easier. I have 1 plant going strong sort of, one is 7 weeks old, but had a set back so it’s kind of 5 week oldish. The other 2 have just sprouted, I have those ones in the grow tent as well. I have started one germinated seed with tail in a solo cup. I am using ax infinity filtration humidity at 54% and temperature at 72 %. Lighting I have been sticking with the 18 hours on, 6 hours off. I have been using a 6000 watt light.

1 Like

Ima noob on my first run as well, knocked over my seedlings twice, didnt have enough soil, buncha fucky shit. Havent gave up yet. My girls are happy

5 Likes

@Westemily598 7 weeks… your gonna flip soon? You might want another tent or two, one for each stage of the grow, Veg-Flower-Drying. Or play musical pots like I do with two tents…lol, My daughters out of town for a bit so I’m using her room for drying right now, :joy:

@Bakethat747 Looking good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh my goodness! :joy: I wish I had the space for a tent for each one… and unlimited money for an electric bill for the filtration system. I’m a little worried about that part. I don’t think it will be to bad. I live in a 2 bedroom apartment. One room grow tent/ laundry space/ office / work from home office…haha it’s definitely tight but we are making it work.

1 Like

They look great!!! Wayyy healthier than mine!

1 Like

Gotcha. Plan your grows for veg and flower cycles because both have different lighting requirements. Your currently in a veg light cycle with the 18 on 6 off. And I’m sure your aware of the flower cycle of 12/12. This is important for photoperiods. You could hold off on that 7 week plant till the rest catch up but that might involve chopping it down (off the top) to keep it short. If you wanted to flip to flower with that plant you could but then the others would be growing in that 12/12 lighting cycle which is doable but not optimal for veg. I think your planning on growing the younger newly planted siblings outside the tent for veg and saving the tent for flower? You got a lot going on for just that one tent.

Here’s a thought. Have you considered going with Autos? They share the same veg and flower lighting schedule of 18/6 24/7 360 days of the year. You could grow in that tent whatever auto, whenever, with no thought to the lighting schedule whether it’s 2 inches tall or two feet tall. And they don’t need much for nutrients. A simple 4-4-4 nutrient line up would suffice the whole grow.

Why photos? they seem to be more forgiving. You mess up, you can wait till it recovers before flipping to flower. Can’t say the same for autos.

I know a lot to think about,

You remind me of me when I first started. I wanted to grow as much as I could not realizing the final size of these plants would be. A tiny red cup in 3 months will fill the space of a 55 gallon drum…freakn crazy.

2 Likes

Ok, so I should get the 2 seedling plants out of the grow tent?

up to you, when are you flipping to flower?

If I am reading right, when it’s around 7 weeks?

I’ve flowered at 5 weeks,

2 Likes

All up to you, I’m just asking, you could wait a whole year if you wanted to.

1 Like

Since a little behind I personally would veg the NL more. Just me. I typically run a mix in my tent of auto and photo. This round ill let the 6 or 7 auto finish at 6/2 and then clone the 2 mothers growing for a full photo run. The auto allow me some harvest while my new photo mothers veg out and get big.

NL auto here. Last auto sprouted.

3 Likes

I read his book in 1980’s. and started growing, better.
I been hooked, since.
Just awaiting parole 11-1-2020, Retirement, “free at last”, Not quite.
Sorry to say. But living the dream.
Island dweller, just not a real warm island, anymore.

3 Likes

Hows your seedling doing?

1 Like

She is doing much better, I have 2 new flowers coming up in the middle and it’s a lot more “green” looking than last week. I was also wondering if I should clip off the half dead leaf on the side? Or would that harm it?

3 Likes

it’s safe to clip it off, and safe to leave it on. Not sure that helped. :joy:

:joy: as long as it’s not harming her doesn’t bother me. I’m glad it’s showing signs of coming back. That’s all that matters to me!

3 Likes

When you set up a journal (or pick one of the threads you have going), do be sure to tag me and @GreggT into it! :v::100:

We can even change the name of an existing thread to whatever you want so you know it’s your journal.

2 Likes

Agree totally.

2 Likes

I definitely will. Not too many updates but she’s still growing, that’s all that matters. I’ll be down for a little while, Friday I’m having surgery done on my foot. So I’ll be in a cast and laid up for a few days

2 Likes