Stagenate Seeds..pls help

Hey all…

I’m new to ILGM & I’m having a little trouble navigating to find CS & I hope it’s that I post this here…I ordered seeds for the 1st time with ILGM…& I couldn’t be happier with the ease of ordering…the super fast turnaround & just how helpful & nice everyone has been in this group…it goes a long way for me & I hope I’m able to pay it forward myself someday…:wink:… Anyhoo…I’m not sure why but my seeds are lifeless & Im in total panic mode…how do I let CS know? Anything anyone could share about how to contact CS would be soooo greatly appreciated…
thnx
Midnightorchid

Lifeless? What was your process for life? Take us through the steps.

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem but

1 Like

Hey @MidnightOrchid! Welcome! https://shop.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/pages/contact-ilgm#contact-us that is a link to the “contact us” page of the seed bank. Hopefully that helps. In the meantime, could you share your germination method(s) with us, and perhaps we can narrow down the problem. :v:

1 Like

Ty so much for the help…I really appreciate it✌️

I put them in a seed tray…but some of the seeds themselves were very dry/brittle some felt hollow & a few others were split down the side but I set them anyway & 8 days later still nothing unfortunately…

1 Like

So straight in the seed tray? You don’t soak them first and wait for the tail? I soaked mine day before yesterday and all but 1 outta five have tails going. Once they long enough I will put them in the dirt. I have heard others on here say they have great success going straight in the dirt as well. Well good luck hope it all works out for ya.

1 Like

I soak mine 24 hours or until they sink, in a shot glass of tap water with a drop or two of hydrogen peroxide. Then they go into rapid rooters or straight into the soil, because I’m a clutz and would probably break off the tap roots. If they were split when you got them, I doubt they were any good to begin with.

2 Likes

I agree with the others, can you be a little more specific?

So you soak for only 24 hrs with the drop of HP & then you go straight to the soil afterwards? The only reason I never do the water germination is cuz I’m always afraid I’ll break the root plus I’ve been told seeds shouldn’t be handled during the germination process…I never understood that but with that being said I’ve never had a problem going straight to soil either…I’m ordering a new batch of seed today…maybe I’ll try the water first on a handful of them & see how that goes…thnx…:v:

1 Like

I dropped mine on 6.6.19 in water with a few drips of 3% hydrogen. Put them in the oven with the light on holding at a steady 80 degrees. 24 hours later I transferred them to paper towel (carefully using tweezers) and put them in a Tupperware container and covered with a towel. 24 hrs later I had significant tap roots so in the soil they went. Woke up this morning to one already sprouting. There are many ways to do this but for me this seem to work great.

Then from there into the freezer (as I like to call it temporary home for troubled seedlings) of course freezer is not plugged in but works great for this process at the moment.

2 Likes

Wow…what an interesting process…I saved it for future reference…ty for taking the time to share…:v:

In nature, they go straight into the soil without a soak even, unless you count the snow melting and spring rain. All the stuff we do with the soaking and the H2O2 is just to soften the hull and make them germinate faster and more consistently. 13 of one, baker’s dozen of the other, really.

2 Likes

And here is another one going.

1 Like