Ss2442 Grow of 9#H, ZSK & WB

I must have not watered gently enuf. When my weed sprouted, it was right smack against the side of the cup! I very nearly pulled it to throw away cuz i do get the occasional tomato or whatever popping up uninvited. And i knew I planted the malawi seed in the center. Luckily, i left it alone. Thank god! It was my weed!!!

3 Likes

That was my idea to start seedlings in a hydro environment and over our non outdoor grow season keep them in that hydro environment. Drop seeds in Feb and then transplant in Late May. Then come grow season place them in soil either ground soil or another grow medium that isn’t hydroponic.

1 Like

The best way to transit from hydro to soil is by cuttings. Hydro roots are set up differently than soil roots, they have air roots up top and feeder roots below. Any time Ive tried to transplant a hydro plant the results were unsatisfactory. The plants survive, but are not vigorous or productive.

1 Like

Roger that, I will keep that in mind for sure… ill go back to the drawing board with the February drop being the petemoss based soil you hade mentioned before.

Any comment on the probiotic yogurt mixture on helping feed the plants. A few locals i know swear by it once a month and their growth after each dose is obvious when you’ve seen them get the dose and come back on water day and see them

1 Like

@Ss2442 if u wanna learn how to make the LABs/probiotics we can ask @Budbrother to explain it. He made mine for me. I know u need whole milk and molasses for sure. And perhaps apple cider vinegar ( must be “with mother”) oh, also a big glass jar, like the size of a fifth of whiskey.
Or maybe a half gallon mason jar.

I wouldn’t recommend learning from a youtube video bec Bud said most of them are inferior. He learned how from the Korean Farming Institute-- its specific.

3 Likes

An scheduled power outage today has caused all the ladies to join me outside today…
It looks to me that my biggest lady that missed the 2nd wave of mites and was stunted by the eliminating methods for mites has started to dance a little (flower) do you folks see that as well?

1 Like

So I see the buding, but the next piece I need help with in the puzzle is what do i do with the other 3 plants that are not budding yet?
They share the same space and at best are 4 weeks behind?
@Tenga @Cannabian @LoCoRock
The pics attached are the rest of the ladies
The Sativa hybrid first

The Indica that isn’t 9lb hammer
Believed to be Zskittles

The other 9lb hammer

1 Like

I would probably just flower them all and be done with this grow. Then meticulously Scrub the hell outta the room, spray the room and be done to start a new. If ya need them to get bigger go another 3 or 4 weeks then flower. That’s me …you know you

Because I’m new of course I want to maximize what ill get but I also want to not learn bad habits…
This go around had its obvious issues…
So out of this learning curve I’ve learned

1. Don’t get clones unless you totally know what the skinny is tops to bottomses of the place your getting them from
  2. You can bring the ladies to the dance with a little encouragement and guidance.from some knowledgeable folks
  3. Patience is a virtue most don’t poses.
  4. Need help ask someone will help
  5. I did retain something’s from my early years of “schooling”
  6. be a student first strive to be a expert

Thank you @LoCoRock for taking me under your wing and helping.

So this weekend was my fertilizer schedule just make a batch for all 4 turn the lights to a 12 hr on 12 hr off and BAMM

my only question is light height its recommended to be between 14 and 18 from canopy… my one lady is considerably taller… suggestions on what to do there…
Actually I can’t get that height because of her size already … hmmmm the next hurdle appears…
@Growingscotland @Cannabian what would you guys do?

Do i ditch the big light that I put in for the or do i drop it down along side of them to give them more light along with the bloom modes on the lights themselves?

Side lighting

Yes or No

1 Like

Too elaborate on #1 it goes for anything coming into the room. If Your buddy says take these plants from me, pots, soil even lights…check them over good, wash them treat if necessary or in put in solitary. It’s a friggen entire site man not just any one. We ALL wanna grow great weed and there is no secrets. This site is all good ppl, freinds some almost like grandparents… LMAO kind words but learn it in here pass it on in here. I’ve only been growing 2 yrs indoors next month. I think I can say growing has taught me to be wayyyyy more patient #3 . Not only that but NOT to try too many things at once. Slow n low that is the tempo :notes::notes::notes::notes::notes:

Patience

2 Likes

You got that right sweet petunia, also be consistent with watering, feeding all that and I’ve learned to write down when and what I feed each plant. I must say you and purp taught me to be patient and not to freak out over the little things that happen to my girls. Above all let’s all have some freaking fun growing weed. :grin::dancer::dancer:

3 Likes

Amen :clap::clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

So that side light takes my temperature into the 30’ degree Celsius range in the tent, but it gets my humidity to target range between 30 and 40… for budding

Does the high temperature benefit me or should I find away to cool that down a bit?

@Cannabian @LoCoRock

Side lighting is silly… not necessary. Go look at pics of indoor grow farms and warehouse grows. You won’t see one with side lighting. Strike that silly bit, I should not say that. Different strokes for different folks if it works and you think you see results that’s your call. I’m not gonna go back and edit it but you do you man. I think the heat is the deciding factor. Humidity is a losing battle for me but I gotta keep it under 90 in the room. That’s my struggle

2 Likes

Everything is back in the tent, two different canopy heights.
Working on getting the Temps and humidity into the ideal range again.
I have read some of the Blurple light posts, its what I got and what I can afford so I have to take what I get or build on what I have.
Please critique what you see and i welcome the advice that have had 1 full 12hr cycle

All of them recieved a 15 30 15 feeding followed by a half liter of water

If I’m pushing the 3 smaller ones to bud any advice on the fertilizer or food schedule they have all had one dose… Do i need to dose the 3 being pushed again in 2 weeks on the regular schedule I had as it seems the timing all lined up.

@Cannabian @LoCoRock @Bulldognuts @Growingscotland

Really the only reason that side light is even there, is because I went down a LED rabbit hole that ended in a watts vs frequency Ohm place that caused me to need to pause for the cause and let my brain unbubble with a sesh and the follow up talk with an old friend who had a much bigger brain than me agreed with my line of thought… God knows WTH all of it means but a smrter person than me agreed with the overall amount of out put of the 3 lights combined.
I’m gonna see what happens in 3 or 4 days and if I can’t get the ideal environment it will be removed as it definitely increases the heat and humidity in there…

Are they flowering yet? The lighting schedule alone will trigger the flowering response. I wouldnt start switching your feed until they show flowers, you could end up overloading your soil with noots the plants dont need quite yet. Once they are at or near the button stage… then they are ready for a noot switch. In my opinion, that does not mean no N and all P and K, it just means progressively more P and K with slightly less N.

2 Likes

@Cannabian
The tall 9lb that only got hit with one wave of mites has started to bud.
The other 9 lb that got hit by both waves is the same age but has had to fight through 2 waves of mites and insecticide treatments.
The other 2 were 4 weeks behind the 9lbs from cuttings
Those have been hit twice with mites, and treatments.

They have been acclimated in the tent for 2.5 weeks and the large 9lb popped…

The decision was to rush the three to match the 1 9lb…

They were given a 2 liter mix of water and 25/30/15 mixed into a larger watering can then given a .5L of water.
The power outage the other day caused me to have them outside so thats when I noticed the budding of the one tall 9 lb

So i had to inspect clean cover etc and it took me 2 days to wrestle them back into the tent after everything had been gone over with a fine tooth comb so to speak…

So i guess its a 2 parter

Good idea or

BAD IDEA DO THIS…

1 Like

@Cannabian
There is a lack of space issue for the three that could veg another 4 weeks the propagate end of the tent is built for seeds to sprouts, the lower level of that end isn’t big enough for 3 ladies of that size in their containers.
I still need to aquire some powerful hanging fans so I can remove at least 1 of the ones in there. It boils down to a shoe string budget on a fixed income. Doing what i can with what i have etc… i don’t trust the weather enough to leave the big 9lb outside to allow the 3 to catch up either

1 Like