Ss2442 2nd journal

what grow medium???

can u upload pics

Perlite. I can but it will be later today

My perlite did turn yellow while growing in earth… Not sure about your question… my perlite came mixed in soil. Peat and perlite mix is what you use? Do you mix it yourself? Are you following any instructions on how to mix your growing mwdium?

Sorry was tied up with a few things outside of this these were taken today but haven’t seen anything busting through in over 5 days.

I have my last round of seeds in glass jars in water and they appear to be ready to go into the next stage of Perlite and Peat moss. I should be able to get that done tomorrow during the day in-between clients.

So with nothing to show sprout wise and the newest batch of seeds at the described stage thank you @Cannabian for your help with that encouragement. I didn’t get 100% propagation but I did get some seeds that hadn’t split to split in your suggested method of getting seeds to start. The clear containers have been all set up in the same manner as shown in the close up photo.

@CocoLoco @Tenga just looking for help again with my 2nd grow I have set myself up to have a few more than I may need but this year I will be taking most of these to grow outdoors. I may attempt to keep a mother alive and clone her in my tent but baby steps are the goal in this 2nd grow for me. Those that followed the 1st one I had to throw out everything due to the mite and WPM that I got late in my harvest and the clean up of the tent and room and everything else was a monumental task and tbh pain in the ass but I realize very very necessary.

I look forward to everyone’s help and advice just remember I’m on a fixed income and my backwoods way of things is they way I have to do things as my disability payments go to rent and food there isn’t much left to go at this in a “proper” way.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Very nice! The more you plant, the more likely you will get a few no shows, its just a thing. Wouldnt matter how you started em.

1 Like

How many plants are you growing? Outside? Inside? If inside, do you have enough space and light? Thats a shitload of plants!

Well we are allowed 4, I don’t have permits or papers for more than that but I’m not expecting the red cups to produce. They have been tended for over 14 days but there was nothing popping out of the grow medium. So I I don’t see green leaves in those cups by Sat I’m throwing them out.
I would like at least 5 out of the clear cups to work out, for me, my extended family has said I can put 4 on their properties to help cut my medications coats so I have the ability to put out 12 more in various locations to keep everything on the up and up so to speak.

1 Like

My script is for 6grams a day so I’m likely wrong but that allows me to have 6×5 plants to cover my script. If all of those actually turn into plants I would be over by 1 but I know that moat I’d not all of the red cups are dead and have nothing in them of use but the grow mediums

Where did you get the seed?

A very old family friend, that spent some time trying to make a new strain with Critical Mass as it’s base. The other reason there is so many is he can’t guarantee feminine offspring.

Same guy that started me with my first grow journal before I got the clones in that brought me the mites.

FREE was the biggest influence in getting them from that source
Rouge 1
Rouge 1/ pink kush
Agent orange/ critical Mass

Sounds like he has a bit of an issue with seed viability? It happens.
When I grow for seed, the plants are allowed to totally finish in the ground. I wait until the pods are split open and the seed is visible in the pod. That way you know its fully developed and ready to harvest. Many folks harvest when the bud is ready instead… not when you harvest for seed… go long.

The more types of genes you introduce, the wider the phenotypic expression can get… this becomes extremely difficult to narrow down the field of traits. You get a mish mash of who knows what. Breeders nightmare.

Not sure of their procedures, I myself have never seen anything with seeds past buying them from a source.
They had quite a operation going in their time but now have dialed back significantly. The only thing I know about the seeds besides the type or strain is if they didn’t get used in the next 2 years or so they would likely be garbage.

They were going for a bang for your buck style strain is what I’m told also something that may have been more stable for indoor our outdoor use…
Only reason I went this way this time was FREE and they weren’t from the guy that has had a mites infestation in his grows for years he uses raid bug bombs to kill them off and sprays his plants with unsafe chemicals that don’t work to kill the mites. I’m hoping that with all of my efforts previously to my area that they didn’t end up with me. My last journal has that BS and I don’t want that ever again.

Well that shouldnt be the case if they are stored in a cool, dry and dark place. Heck Ive had seed over 20 years old germinate after being stored in a drawer in a black plastic film cannister.

Yeah I hear ya. If you want some good quality seed from a great source, I highly recommend RSC… his seed is reasonably priced, authentic and has a really good germination rate. The Balkhi was outstanding.

That’s encouraging I’m really hoping at some point one or two of those I have show back up.

Well coming from the medicinal market and going back to the artisan grower. I’m not sure what’s a lateral move THC and CBD wise.

I have a fair amount of different strengths and delivery methods topical to edible.