Squirrel tails on White Widow

Can you stop the squirrel tailing?
4 month old auto ww. tricombs are thickening but still clear.

1 Like

Usually no. You can’t.
They’ll usually show up later on In flower due to genetics or heat and light stress issues. Too hot or light too close.
Pics would help a bit as well.
And welcome to ILGM. @Pop. :+1::v:

1 Like

I’m unfamiliar with this term and google didn’t bring anything up…
Anyone care to share or enlighten the rest of us
@Oldguy

2 Likes

@Nicky. More commonly known as fox tailing. From what I can gather. :thinking::grin::v:

2 Likes

Haha okay foxtails never heard it called squirrel tails.

Well then yes you can stop it, it’s often caused by to much light, or light being to close or by other environmental stress but often light.
Some fox tailing is genetic but it displays differently. Read up on foxtailing

H

My WW is doing it. I kinda wonder if it is WW genetics. I am in my 8ish week of flower and it started about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I have raised my light, and dimmed it both. My temps are 67 to 77. And the 77 is rarely. Only thing I dont like about them are their white pistols forming with them. It makes my plant look no were close to harvest well the cloudy and amber tris say other wise.

1 Like

Some foxtails aren’t a bad thing. Some are though and others have reported you can arrest it by cutting it off. I use late flowering foxtails as an indicator of harvest readiness. So it depends.

How about some pictures in natural light.

1 Like

Exactly what I was gonna post

1 Like

10 fingers beats 2 thumbs haha.

3 Likes

I don’t even use them both. Not for typing anyway.

2 Likes

@Axemanjake23 I just had it happen to me with a chocolate skunk strain. It was genetics for mine.

2 Likes

I’ve seen 3 and they were all autos two indoor one outdoor so I believe it is the Ruderalis gene that makes it an auto that causes it. I would be willing to bet a 100% Ruderalis would have long loose flowers. It’s still good weed drys funny and doesn’t store well but gets the job done. I could be wrong, but what I saw was not environmental because different results from same environment with other plants with dense bud.