Spudgunner's Clone Grow

Bro now that’s awesome bud vending machines what a novel concept

1 Like

Plants looking good as well sir, have a safevtrip home my brother

1 Like

NAS Miramar (1986) Beer vending machines in barracks lounge.
Bud $.50 Michelob $.75.
I was told in 69, gogo dancers in mesh hall.
TOP GUN Volleyball court (1985) has MCAS MIRAMAR barrack housing now(1996).
Alas, no more $.50 cent beer cans or vending machines open 24/7

1 Like

Before recreational was legal in Canada, you needed a practitioner’s card…easy to get, the dispensaries had a quack that for $40 would right a note saying you needed weed for back pain, help sleeping, or some other lame bs excuse (at least in Vancouver, not so elsewhere). The BC Pin Society had a vending machine that was like a candy machine. “ooooh, an ounce of Trainwreck for $90”, you slide in the right amount in bills (no change), hit L6 or whatever the number was, and the gears would spin and your bag would drop to the bottom. That was inside the store tho.
It was never as fresh as the jarred stuff at the counter that you could see and sniff, but it was half the price! Think I had my card back in 2016 when my regular guy moved away.
But Vancouver has been good for weed for over 20 years. Pioneers like Marc Emery paved the way for much of our culture, and yours! He spent a few years in a Washington state jail for mailing seeds into the US…you buggers extradited a local hero and only let him go when he was dying from cancer. Which was a few years AFTER Washington went legal.

3 Likes

Hey @Graysin @HappyHydroGrower , have a question for you…do BlueLabs or Apera make a test meter that tests BOTH pH and TDS? If so, do you know what model and if it is a good one? I get lost looking at these things on Amazon! My daughter is bugging me for a Christmas list, she wants to order these things during Black Friday. And I mean bugging me! She has baby-brain right now (due in a month). If you think it’s better to get separate pH and TDS/ppm meter, any preference? I don’t want to spend a lot of time calibrating them, I’m lazy like you! Budget isn’t really an issue, if it’s over hers the wife told her she’d help out. I’ve never had an issue with cost as long as quality is there.
What do you guys use?
Thanks!

1 Like

BlueLab makes a Combo meter that has interchangeable probes. https://a.co/d/hlGMeHv

Knowing BlueLab, it will be outstanding. Not sure about Apera.

2 Likes

Apera pc60

Thanks @Graysin and @Docnraq ! I think she will go for the Bluelabs, it’s $50 cheaper on Canadian amazon site.

You folks are the best!

2 Likes

Apera is known for quality. I agree.
Not thrilled with others, nor changing tips (unless broken).
Vivosun not a good paperweight.
Blue OK
Apera 20 trusted, trusty, and reliably built.
Apera 60 wish list.
Happy Thanksgiving, to all.

2 Likes

Thanks for the comments! I actually ordered the Apera pc60-z for the extra $50…it came with the solutions and a case which the Bluelabs didn’t. And some of the reviews were hit and miss.

2 Likes

Walking down the street in Rome today, found a neat little store. Couldn’t resist taking a picture

The Holy Weed cannabis store!

6 Likes

Man, cannabis for sale all over the world!

1 Like

Yeah, there was also a New Amsterdam weed shop, but that seems so normal…being in a religious capital of the world, Holy Weed deserved a picture!

Still haven’t smoked any here, been tough sleeping at nights without it, altho no real withdrawal symptoms this time. Back in Canada this Saturday afternoon, will be baked ALL Saturday night! And Sunday! And Monday…

5 Likes

I am sure you will be satisfied with your selection.

YUP, oh what fun.

Last puff was on the 13th, so I’m really looking forward to it, and the sleep afterwards! Rome is 9 hours ahead of our time so I’ve really been messed up with my sleep patterns. And yesterday my back went Pop, hard to put on socks and shoes now.

Last day here! Can’t wait to get back and check out my ladies personally!

2 Likes

Should be easier to arrive this direction and adjust to hours.
Good & safe travelling to you.

Thanks Dave. Leave for the airport at 4am, flights start at 7:15am, land in Vancouver lunchtime same day. Hoping to sleep on the 10 hour leg and then wake up half-assed “normal”. Hour and a half drive home from there, once we get the car.

Been an amazing trip, one last day to see the Baths of Caracalla and a few other sites. We’ve been walking and busing around, sure wouldn’t want to drive here! Totally crazy the way they do it!

3 Likes

Son watered them again 10 hours ago or so, sent me one last shot just before watering, halfway thru their day. I’d prefer he do it in their morning at 5pm not at 2am, but at least he’s kept them growing! Training starts tomorrow morning, sure glad I drilled 8 holes around the lip of each bucket already!

2 Likes

So we came home last night, all I felt like doing was fill up my water bucket so it could de-chlorinate overnight. Pots were quite light, but figured I could mix up some nutes and feed them, train them, and crank up the light this morning before lights out at 11am, which I did.

Anyways, here’s some pics! This is what they looked like this morning, couple hours before lights out.

Group shot.

Front right DB

Front left DB

Back right DB

Back left DB

Center stage, the Dutch Treat.

Did a bit of LST on them…there are so many tiny little branches, really hard to tie anything down, but did what I could. With more food, light intensity, and opening them up a bit, hoping more branches take off so I can tie them down in a week or so.

Group shot.

Front right DB

Front left DB

Back right DB

Back left DB

Center stage, the Dutch Treat.

And my basil plant, well, not looking like basil anymore! Her leaves are coming out with 3 fingers, and she has serrations again.

Son comes home today so I can thank him for keeping them alive. I did prop the Dutch Treat up on some styrofoam to get her closer to the light, but the way I have it rigged, I can’t lower it anymore. Cranked it up and the DLI is around 33 to 37. They will need to grow up to get higher than that, which they will do in a few days I’m sure!

I forgot to check what the temp and rh were, but not too worried about that, figure that one out tonight. If the temp gets too high when lights are on, I can use my other timer and use it with the little heater so that it only kicks on at lights out. We’ll see.

Plan is still to let them veg until Christmas or New Year’s, then hope for a late March harvest. The pound I have dried and cured should last me beyond that! Oh yeah, daughter and future son-in-law were here last nite to greet us, and we smoked 2 little joints of his Death Bubba (the one he took these cuttings from), really potent and skunky, pretty good for outdoor and not really cured yet. Can’t wait! Lord, grant me patients, but hurry!

6 Likes