Spudgunner's Clone Grow

And now for the cellar dwellers!

All 4 of these are Dutch Treats. This strain has always been much paler than the Death Bubba, smaller leaves as well. Lots of branching, and lots of crap underneath to clean up before the flip.

Here’s the homemade tent layout!

With a canopy view as well. I can still raise my light up a foot or so as needed, still trying to figure out my timing for flipping these ladies.

Outside from the cellar dwellers is the clone area. None definitely dead yet, but some definitely living!

The 6 round pots are Death Bubba clones, as are the 3 cuttings in the jar. The 6 square containers are Dutch Treat clones. There’s new growth on most of them, I might only lose 1 or 2 of each, if that. I gave them a preventative milk spray the other night as well. Moisture AND calcium, they seem to love it! Haven’t watered them since they were cut 9 days ago.

Anyways, that’s my weekly update! Hope you enjoy!

4 Likes

Everything’s looks great brother ! Keep it coming !

1 Like

Nothing wrong there brother i look and see how I have tortured my girls trying to help them be better but even if i put makeup on a pig its still a pig. I get looking at others and try to compare cant do it. But they still are beautiful to the eye.

The post about being sick I just found this looking for something else Mrs.B’s might give me the look.

4 Likes

such inactivity tends to worry the spouse, extra.
IME

2 Likes

Husband DOESN’T have sniffles…tested positive for Covid the other day! So I’m allowed to be a whiney bitch!

I have so much work to do on the ladies, and not much energy to complete it. Realized that it’s April 1st tomorrow, and I need to shut everything down by August 31st. Harvested, dried, and burped, those that are started, those that are rooting, and the auto seeds I want to try. Yesterday I attacked the 5 tent ladies. Stripped a lot of bottom stuff off, a bunch of branches (set 2 of the big ones to root in water!), and retied some of their bindings. Today I did the 4 cellar dwellers, many more branches to hack on the Dutch Treat plants, and I showed restraint by not rooting ANY of them! Took about 20 or so branches over 4" long off them, I’m only going to concentrate their efforts on the mains.

Tonight at 10 it’s lights out for both areas. Plan is to spray milk/water solution just before then on the tent ladies, then bring up the cellar girls, spray them, and somehow fit them in the tent too! They’ll fit, everyone is in 3gallon pails, and they only hang out the sides a bit. But once they are in there, flipping the light schedule. I think I’ll try 13/11, give them all an extra hour of light. They’re all exhibiting signs of wanting to flower, nodes are all staggered and hairs coming out. That will make my watering and care for them all a bit easier, and free up the cellar light for other nefarious purposes.

And what would that nefarious purpose be? All the cuttings that I’ve taken need to be evicted from the seedling tray! Of the 12 clones I stuck in the small dirt pots (6 each of Death Bubba and Dutch Treat), I think 10 might survive. Maybe all 12 will, and 3 cuttings in water are showing nubs on the stem…the start of roots! And then there’s the 3 I took yesterday as well! But I need the seedling tray to start an auto run for my niece…at least 1 Pennywise and 1 Medgom CBD plant. Maybe a Bear Dance for me too! Start them indoors for a month and see what the weather is like here in May. Maybe kick them outside, or keep them in the cellar. In May, I will be gifting 7 of the clones to family/friends, the rest and the autos can stay in the cellar until mid-June when the tent ladies are done (maybe flip them on June 1st). And then some can get moved up to the tent (probably the autos running 20/4), anything else can stay in the cellar and finish under 13/11.

I really need to stop cloning, running out of time before hard shutdown date!

3 Likes

So I actually managed to get off my ass and do that last night! Brought the 5 out of the tent, brought the 4 cellar dwellers, sprayed them all with a milk solution, and popped them into the tent! This morning they had a nice sheen to them as they absorb the calcium. And no visible WPM today! Heavy spray outside the tent and rubbed all the leaves on every branch up and down, getting the solution on top and bottom of leaves before re-entry.

So here we have 9 plants in 3 gallon pots in a 4x4 tent! Lights were flipped this morning to 12/12. I know, I was going to do 13/11, but I was really stoned last nite and forget to set it that way! LOL! Oh well, maybe I’ll let them transition/stretch under 12/12 and then move them 13/11. We’ll see. I also raised the light about 6" up. The 5 Dutch Treat are in the corners and centre, with the 4 Death Bubbas in the middle of the sides.

The Dutch Treat have always been a paler green, not just this run, but the other 2 or 4 runs as well. Still healthy, sprouting out a ton of branches!

So even tho they’ve been in separate areas and under different lights, I actually managed to keep both sets of canopies about the same height! Here’s a profile shot, under their skirts has been pretty well cleaned up. With this many plants in here, I really need to keep the undergrowth to a minimum so that damn WPM doesn’t come back! I’ve cranked up the big fan (unseen strapped to the top corner) and increased the airflow in/out of the tent, trying to keep the humidity lower.

And here’s what’s left in the cellar! Not much, just a bunch of clones! I will also drop a couple of auto seeds today, I have 5 months to get them grown and jarred.

And that’s it for this week! At least until the seeds pop!

4 Likes

So, April 1st I dropped a MedGom and a PennyWise seed in water with a few drops of h2o2, both autos for my niece. On April 3rd, the MedGom had a tail and the PennyWise was cracked. Mixed up some ProMix with a light mix of nute water and planted in little plastic pots. Tagged them and carried them down in the seedling tray, ready to put them on the heating pad under the T5 light. Typical clutz tat I can be, as I put the tray down, I bumped it and the PW fell over and spilled dirt out. Now, not having much light, the ProMix being the same colour as the tailless seed, I scooped everything back up and in the container. I was pissed! No idea if the seed fell out and still in the tray, or if I buried it too deep. Can’t see shit unless I am wearing distance-specific glasses in good light. I put the little starters in some small pots so they wouldn’t fall again. Lesson learned!

Anyways went to look yesterday (the 6th) and BOTH seeds sprouted! We have life! Here’s the MedGom, a high CBD plant.

And the PennyWise.

I had taken the clones out from under the dome so I could use it for the 2 seeds (as well as some of the wife’s flowers for outside). Don’t think they like the brighter light and less humidity. Some (ok, many!) look like they suffered and who knows if they will survive or not. They’re clinging to life, several do have new growth showing, but I’ll probably lose half of them. Which is ok! I planted another 8 cuttings, they seem to be doing better, but of the 20 in there, I only really need 7 as gifts, none are for me. Which means if none survive, doesn’t affect me either! Love this no stress, don’t-give-a-shit grow!

These are the newest cuttings that I planted. All are Death Bubba, and 5 sight make it.

Here lies 6 more Death Bubba clones, maybe 1 or 2 will live.

And then 6 more Dutch Treat clones. Maybe 3 survivors there.

Only time will tell how many make it.

I also flipped the tent light to 12/12 on April 1st. So here they are after almost a week. Nine plants in a 4x4 in 3 gallon pots. Pretty tight!

Here is a Death Bubba top

And a Dutch Treat top.

Starting the transition and the stretch, hoping they don’t get too much taller, altho I do have a lot of room to raise the light.

The new cellar dwellers are under 18/6 light. The clones will be gifted early May when it is warm enough for outside growing. If more than 7 survive, I’ll keep them with the 2 autos. Once the tent is finished flower in June, I’ll bring up the 2 autos and run them 20/4 until they are done. Anything over the 7 gifts will stay in the cellar and get flipped to 12/12 early June. That might mean the autos might go 12/12 for a couple of weeks until the tent is freed up.

I think I really need to keep to my legal limit this fall when I start up again! Messing around with a full tent and clones and autos makes this seem more like a job rather than a hobby! Guess we’ll see how that works out lol! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I have had the same thing happen hoping for the best, found them growing in another pot. My seeds soaked 48 hrs all 17 had movement and are now in soil.

Last bunch sprouts in soil on 3/23,

Very successful with peroxide water

4 Likes

Lol i seem to always have more then i should lol :laughing: :sweat_smile: :joy: i think thats everyones downfall :laughing: i also switched my 4 to flower on april 1st. … ive had a couple light timing issues. Hopefully theyre ok.

Ive been sick, so they look a little neglected. :sneezing_face:

2 Likes

Update time! Yesterday I got off my butt and up-potted the MedGom and PennyWise seedlings. Not because they were rootbound yet, but I needed to bury them up to their necks for additional support. So into 1 gallon pots they went! MedGom is the top one, PennyWise is the bottom one. Both autos, both 9 days above the dirt line.

Here are the first round of Death Bubba clones I took straight into dirt. Most of them look like they might survive.

The second set of Death Bubba clones. These were set in a jar of water for a week or 2 before being put in dirt. They look like they will all make it, altho some look like shit right now!

And some Dutch Treat clones, most of which will live.

I’m thinking of putting all of these clones in 1 gallon pots, not that they need it now, but to stabilize the moisture in the soil more. Some dry out in a day or 2, others are good for a week. They always seem to take off right after transplant.

So out of the 20 clones, I only need 7 to survive as these will be gifts. I don’t need any of them, but I’m sure all those that survive and aren’t claimed will get left in the cellar next month. The 7 will all be outdoor plants, and with our shit weather here in Vancouver, It’ll be mid-May before they can go out. I bet in a month they will be much better looking and their new owners will be happy!

In the main tent, 12/12 schedule since April 1st, we have transition! I have 5 Dutch Treat in here, and they are starting to look like this now! Not quite hedgehogs yet, but soon!

This strain loves to send out little branches everywhere! All of the Dutch Treat clones I’ve grown out have done this, don’t know how much I’ll keep or strip off. Maybe none!

Here’s 1 of 4 Death Bubba plants, nice fat dark green leaves, definitely Indica dominant! Love the smell these plants give off!

So here’s what the 4x4 looks like with 9 plants in it…pretty crowded!

Still managing to keep the canopy at a nice level. DLI is about 30 in most areas.

And I gave them a thorough spray of milk water the other night at lights out. They have that nice milky sheen to the leaves now, but no more WPM!

Grow on, Growmies!

4 Likes

Happy 420 Everybody!

It’s Day 20 since the flip to 12/12, let’s see how they look on this special day!

You can easily spot the 5 Dutch Treats in the corners and middle, so much paler than the 4 Death Bubbas filling the gaps. And all are showing off little hedgehogs!

Tomorrow marks 3 weeks since flip, so one of these days I need to trim all their undie growth. Almost as bad as trim jail, and no reward at the end of the day.

So here is one of the Death Bubba plants, super pungent!

And a Dutch Treat lady.

Dutch Hedgehogs!

And Bubba Hedgehogs!

Down in the cellar, let’s see what’s going on! I up-potted them all the other day, only 1 fatality, 19 clones now plus 2 from seed. The little pots in the tray on the left are wife’s flower starters. I have the room, and at least now she comes down to see my plants! Well, hers at least!

Here is the Medgom cbd plant, just over 2 weeks above dirt

And the Pennywise, sprouted thru same day.

I guess I will look after these clones for another 3 or 4 weeks before folks can take them for an outside grow. They’re just starting to show some more signs of growth, so hoping with more root area and light dose of nutes they will be flourishing soon. There are about 9 really good looking ones and 10 meh’s, so my buddies should be able to pick 7 or 8 of the best, I’ll flip the rest!

Get lit, stay lit!

6 Likes

So many pretty ladies.
Lots of work and love, needed, for sure.
Good growing to you

1 Like

@Spudgunner another great grow Spud they all look really healthy brother

Thanks @robert365 but I’m still battling that damn WPM! Figure once I strip them down I’ll give them a hydrogen peroxide spray (3% h202 mixed half’n’half with water) and see if that keeps it at bay. Not too concerned with the lower larfy crap as that will be gone next week! Maybe tonight if I get it together today…didn’t get around to any yard work yet so I won’t feel all crippled up!
Putter on!

2 Likes

LEVOIT Air Purifiers for Bedroom… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09GTRVJQM?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
I also have been battling but my newest tool runs non stop and has made a noticeable difference in my girls and the WMP seems to be in check.

1 Like

I think my biggest problem is my inability to cull entire plants! I don’t NEED 9 in there and sure don’t have the room for 9, but dammit I’m doing 9! And next run might be worse if there are 12 clones leftover and then the 2 from seed I do want!

1 Like

Try ten, being an even number, for more fun or hair pulling frustration.
I keep going more, smaller, which is wrong and counterproductive.

Flowering, rooted, female clone
Her older sister got dirt today.

2 Likes

The Medgom and Pennywise will get the 4x4 to themselves in 6 or 7 weeks when that run is done, and any unclaimed clones will all stay in the cellar and get flipped to 12/12 at that point too. The MG and PW are both autos so I want to put them on 20/4 under the big light. Those are for my niece so I want them to be impressive for her.
For me, I don’t care, I have probably 2 lbs dried and will get another from the tent. Which is why after I start back up in October after September break, I think I will try and just do a couple at a time. If I switch to RDWC or something, I’d be forced to keep the count low (legal?), and will still probably get the same yield.

1 Like

Well, I got off my butt and did some cleanup in the tent! Been 21 full days since light flip, so gave another good hack. Really hoping this improves air flow…that with changing the placements of some of the fans, hopefully will stop the WPM from coming back after I spray at lights out, tonight or tomorrow.

Anyways, before pics are above! Below are after shots. Good thing I wasn’t baked at the time, there’d be twice as much on the ground!

Can actually see some of the tent floor now! And look at those little hedgehogs! Growing quickly!

Under sides are much cleaner, canopy is still pretty even height. Didn’t get too much of a stretch. I do like short squat plants!

And about 3 pounds of trim, a few branches mixed in there. It was hard for me NOT to strip some of those and drop them in a jar of water and move them to the cellar to root out!

That’s it for today! Happy Saturday everyone!

4 Likes

@Spudgunner been a busy little bee today , i see. Lookin good growmie, keep em growin .

1 Like