Sprouts look thin and tall, is this ok?

When you don’t see much growth above the soil they are building roots below the soil so it’s normal to not see much top growth the first few weeks

2 Likes

Thank you! I think I will put that grow tent I bought together and get them in there. They are small but I need to put those 2 lights on them.

1 Like

@Hi Sirsmokes,
can I ask what type of sprayer do you use when watering your plants? I was watering mine yesterday and the force of the water from a small plastic watering can made one of the plants kind of tip over. I boosted the stem back up with soil but I want to avoid that again.I also dont really like the type of container I have them in. Right now its one of those fiber type pots. I dont think I will use them again on my next round of seeds. Thanks for any info. Take care, skye

1 Like

I just use a spray bottle I got from menards in seedling stage and a regular old plastic watering can. Occasionally early veg I can see my girl move when I water so I try to water far enough from the stem to not disturb it to much. Now a member that’s no longer on here with up got one of the 2 gallon pump sprayers and ynscrewed the tip and used that to water his plants. But once you transplant and get a good root system she won’t move. And you did the right thing if she does just use soil to prop her back up. You can use a cup to be easier if you want to just try to water slowly not just dump the cup at once

1 Like

Thank you Sirsmokes, I appreciate all your advice!

1 Like

Anytime if you need anything just tag me by puttING the @ symbol in front of my handle with no space like @Sirsmokes and I will be notified

Your plants actually look picture perfect. The color is spot on and the stems and leaves look very healthy. Gonna set to watch and tag along if that’s ok.

@Sirsmokes, I have an issue popping up that I just saw on my plants. The planter I have them in is that peat mix. But when I went to check on the, I spotted mold on the side of the container. What would be the best thing to do a final transplant in? I did order the nutrients and they will be here Friday and I ordered the roleandro 300w light. but I need to put them in something better. I will attach a picture to show you what I am talking about. I can run to the store now to find better planters for them if you can suggest any

@anon95385719, thank you. I hope they will continue to grow. these are my first ones and I am seeing mold on the side of the planter so I need to figure out a different kind before they ruin my plants

The best pots to get are fabric smart pots. I highly recommend them. These are the ones I use and they come in lots of sizes.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00TF9E4UO?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_yo_pop_mb_pd_t2

1 Like

@raustin,
Thank you. I had seen them online but wasn’t sure if they would do so I didn’t order them. I think I will shortly. I had just gone to Lowes and picked up some plastic pots but I can use them for my other vegetables. Thanks so much! skye

1 Like

Any mold u see starting remove immed. Fabric pots for your next grow is a must but whatever pots u r using now can u drill holes in them? Also make sure a fan is pointed at the soil. Mold is no bueno. It takes time to figure it all out but u will and it’s so satisfying when u do

Sorry been going through a few things and haven’t been on in a cpl days but yea just get some either cloth pots or I still use the occasional plastic pot also I dI’d notice on the fabric pots your salts do seem to build and dry on the outside making them look nasty but they clean pretty easy

@Sirsmokes @oldstoner @anon95385719
I am pretty sure I have killed my plants that were growing so nicely. I used the fox farm liguid plant food Big Bloom. I mixed it with water and gave it to them. Maybe i needed to wait until they were bigger or maybe I didnt mix enough water in but either way I am sure they wil die. Its very upsetting because they were coming along so nicely. I will show you a picture from the day before I gave them the food and then today…

Is there anyway to save them or is it over for these plants?

Oh wow. Um I’m gonna call u in some serious help. I have seen people on here bring back worse believe it or not. @garrigan62 @Countryboyjvd1971 @latewood @Hogmaster @HornHead

@anon95385719 thank you. I feel so bad. I shouldnt have put anything in them, they were fine. Now look…ugh

@anon95385719 I was just thinking Im not sure if that can be saved or not and gonna start tagging people

U had to have WAY over nuted your water. I think u will need to flush the sh$t out of them and put them in some new pots with fresh soil but we will see what others say

You’re gonna have to flush. And remember, when 1st starting nutes go 1/4 strength then half. You need to build them up to it. And feed, water, feed, water…

@justfrowin @oldstoner @hornhead should i put them in new soil or flush what they are in out and then transplant?