Sprouting Gorilla Glue Autos

What’s up man? I have the same setup as you. TSW 2000, 6 inch exhaust, 2, 4 inch inline, oscillating fan and a humidifier. I’m growing Gorilla Glue autos too. I’m also brand new to growing and learned alot here and everyone is crazy nice and helpful. Mine sprouted 4 and 5 days ago so we’re around the same place. One is in a soil I got thru A Pot for Pot but in a cup size of seedling starter. The other is in just seedling starter and I’m going to try to transplant into an ocean floor/happy frog mix. My leaves are doing the same thing kind of. I wonder if the color is just natural at this age for them? This is my second attempt at these seeds because the first time the leaves did the same and I thought I was over watering so ended up killing it drying it out then panicking and over watering again.

1 Like

Thanks for the info! And yeah, so far this has been stressful as hell, but also kinda fun and rewarding. Both of my seedlings are completely different to each other, even the shapes of the leaves are different. But I expected slight differences in each plant, so I’m not too worried about the different shapes. I think I may have dried them out a bit, so I misted the soil in hopes that it’ll work to moisten them but not overwater. I’m hoping that I won’t fuck anything up too badly, cause the seeds are a bit pricey. Lol Good Luck and Happy Growing!!

1 Like

@Covertgrower Hi again! I just wanted to give an update and ask a question about the troublesome (I’m thinking of naming it trouble for real) sprout that I have and why it’s leaves are doing what they’re doing.

That one seedling, the smaller one, the leaves seem to be curving sideways, what could cause that? Or could that be another anomaly or just normal?

I would consider this one a slow grower. You can ride it out, but it’ll be behind the whole grow.

1 Like

I think I will ride it out, I actually started another one that is starting to sprout, because I wasn’t sure if this one was going to make it; it was quite wilted yesterday, I think it was too dry. I also saw on reviews for this strain that it doesn’t produce that bountiful of a harvest, which is another reason I started another. I want to get at least a few ounces off of the 3.

1 Like

I’d love to keep up with your grow, if you wouldn’t mind tagging me in your post or grow journal (if you have one). It’d be nice to see another’s progress with Gorilla Glue Autos. I haven’t been able to find many people on here at all that have grown these seeds. I’ve seen a lot of people that have grown the regular feminized version, but not the autos.

1 Like

@Covertgrower Quick question: the bigger seedlings stem seems very weak, is there any way to strengthen it? I have a small desktop fan in there now emitting a small breeze, but it doesn’t seem to be working. I have a new fan being shipped, because the one I have does not oscillate and is only 15 cm, and the new one is supposed to be here Tuesday.

I recommend using the fan, but that’s about all you can do, is use the fan to strengthen them.

1 Like

Okay. I’ll keep this fan on until the new one comes in. Is a tower fan too much for seedlings? Or, is it okay as long as it’s on a low setting? I don’t want to put too much and end up damaging the stem, so how can I tell if it’s too much or too little of a breeze?

Low should be fine.

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks again. I appreciate the help and advice!

1 Like

I don’t have a grow journal going on here. I keep notes on my phone of what and when I do anything for reference. When I hit trouble I make a post here for help. I will pop on here though and keep you updated on my grow too. I lowered my light intensity down to the lowest setting like Covertgrower told you to and my babies look much greener today. I did a very light spritz around the stems this morning. Very light, just a couple sprays each. Last time I watered was monday morning and I did it the same way. Very paranoid about overwatering. I’m also not running domes on mine. this time around when I think it looks like it needs water I’ll make myself wait until the next morning to spray the soil. Very much a patients and waiting game.

1 Like

Wow. Yours look great! I did turn my light up a bit the day before yesterday, due to the one seeming to get even taller than it was overnight. It actually seemed to help my other plant that was barely growing, hard to tell though because I also took the dome off of that one to see if fresh air would help.
Thank you for replying and letting me know how your grow is going, appreciate it man! :blush:

1 Like

Update: this is what my plants look like today:

Trouble is slowly progressing, and the new growth looks good, to me anyways. The taller one, I’ve decided to name it Joan, is still steadily progressing, and I’m still trying to strengthen her stem. And lastly, my last seed has sprouted, has its first set of true leaves and looks good; I’m going to name it maze. That’s all for today unless I see something when I check on them later! Thanks for tuning in and all the help!

2 Likes

Definitely looking greener today! I wonder if it was the light strength messing with them? I was at 50% power when my leaves were looking yellowed. They have been much better since lowering it.

6 and 7 days old

2 Likes

I’m trying to rig something up now to hold my tent walls out. I have so much negative pressure from my exhaust fan the sides are sucked in like 5 inches. I have it on the lowest setting and 2 intake fans up full blast and it’s still bad. T will definitely be an issue when the plants get bigger. Read some things on here about using zip ties and curtain rods. I’ve also found a high cfm kit from Gorilla Grows specifically for this issue but I don’t have their tent so not sure if it’ll fit but might be able to fabricate it to fit.

1 Like

@EYE69MYSELF I was having the same problems with negative pressure before I installed my intake fan. I resolved it by slightly removing the velcro panel over the little netted vent hole at the bottom of my tent; there is one on each side of the bottom of my tent, so I just slightly made it to where it was loosened around one side so that some air could slip in. It does mess with the temp and humidity though. Now, I just leave my intake fan on the lowest setting; it helps keep the temps regular, doesn’t affect the humidity levels too much, and keeps the negative pressure balanced; the fresh air also seems to be doing my plants some good too. Your plants are looking great! I’m kind of jealous of that rich green color they got goin on. Lol Maybe we’ll both luck and end up with some amazing harvest after this!!

What setting is your exhaust fan getting up to when it comes on? I wonder why it would get so bad with the 2 intakes going. That’s weird.

I’m hoping it goes well this time. Much more promising for sure. My exhaust fan is a 6 inch 440cfm and the intakes are 4 inch 190 cfm I believe so it’s just more powerful than both of the intakes even on the lowest speed. If I for some reason cant get something to hold the walls out I’ll just get a bigger intake fan. I finally pretty much got control of temp and humidity so bars to hold the sides open with my current fan setup is preferable.

2 Likes

@Covertgrower Hi. I just have a quick question: How much do I water the seedlings when I water them? I’ve been just misting the topsoil when the soil feels dry to my first knuckle, but it also seems to be drying out again very quickly, and the cups seems very light. I feel like I need to actually water them, but I’m not sure how much to start with.