Spring will be here soon

@Mateo Man bro that’s some chit…and I thought 5ft of snow on a visit to my Aunties house was it… :crazy_face: @Dforce sounds like a #1 line up…I always wanted to try Green Crack…amongst all others! Monkey Slaps sounds interesting
@Naturalmedsman Thanks pal so far so good!
@Gerant Lebanese sounds “hashee”!! Ive always wanted to try Strawberry Cough too! I love anything Strawberry Yes spring will be GREAT!!..

1 Like

Pic from the 1978 blizzard? The pic looks familiar.

2 Likes

We had a -36F windchill a week or 2 ago. Now it is reasonable again at 47F, the days are getting longer, and it usually starts warming up beginning in mid to late Feb. Yay!

1 Like

When I first read it I saw 36F…OOh ok cold …then I re -read it and saw -36… Oh chit…Thats cold to me and my area!! 47f I can deal with…Whats funny is nce it warms up Ill be bitchin about ‘Its too hot’ :grin: But my babies will be dancin in the sun!!!.

2 Likes

Dont stick my head in to often on the outdoor grows, wishing yall smooth weather in the months ahead,
May the winds be gentle, rains be plentiful, harvests be bountiful.

Grow on.

3 Likes

:rofl: there’s not one outdoor grower who wants this to that I know of

3 Likes

True that, too many farming and ranching neighbors depending on rain.

Wish no droughts for sure. Tough road, seen too much loss of life due to wildfires and droughts.

Im open for compromise. Rain okay until flowering, or is that taboo also.

3 Likes

@Bluntsmoke :rofl:" there’s not one outdoor grower who wants this to that I know of"…during growing season…you are right!! But right now…This outdoor grower is welcoming this rain…Im collecting as much as I can for this upcoming (very soon!) 2023 spring crops…
@Mosca …Cool that you are checking in on us rogue outdoor growers…We seem to be in the minority here I also read a lot of indoor threads so …just to learn and see whats up…
Rain is okay in veg outdoors but not too much and not when the sun may come out heavy…and yeah you do NOT want rain on your buds…it could be bad…

2 Likes

Rain isn’t as bad as I once thought. Sure you don’t want to soak your buds but when there covered in trichomes and fairly tight the water just kind beads right off them. They can take rain as long as there’s some air flow afterwards. I think rain and temperament weather is not as bad as say one day of torrential down pour followed by 100 degree days. Kind of like they can transition into crappy weather and back out of it just as long as it’s not every other day to the extremes. :person_shrugging:t5:

4 Likes

Its ok while in veg stage and early flower but it can stay right away in the late stages of flowering for sure.

2 Likes

Farming to earn money, not as easy as it looks. A farmer needs timely rains to bring a crop to harvest. Timely winds to dry things out if too much moisture is dropped.

Our american farmers depend on mother nature.

May your climate meet everyones needs, tough when your window of opportunity is shortened by climate and season.

Hats off to those who depend on a outdoor harvest for your cannabis pleasures.

3 Likes

@Mosca Thank You sir…Yes you are correct …Outdoors you are dependent on Mother Nature…If you are luck enough to live in a hospitable Mediterranean climate …you are lucky…there are still things to over come like super odd hot days or high winds…pests etc etc…The + side is no electricity bills :laughing:…either or …indoor and outdoor both have their challenges…But its a labor of love.

2 Likes

High,
Yes indeed our farmers are dependent on Mother Nature., and equipment. My daughter and son-in-law farm over 8k acres in Iowa. I see the struggles daily. “If you’ve eaten today, Thank a farmer!” Nice place to hunt too!
Timing is everything.
Happy growin,
Ger

2 Likes

First out of town crush was a wheatie.

My mothers side was alot of red dirt family farmers. Wheat harvest is gearing up. Can remember as a kid learning how cool it was to be a farmers kid, at least from my point of view then.
Farmers kids was allowed to miss school at times to help farm. Getting crops in on time, or planted in small window of opportunity with rain coming.

These little towns had wheaties, families who travel the wheat belt and harvest other peoples crops, a traveling carnival moved weekly from tiny town to tiny town. Each little town had some sort of festival to coincide with the harvest, my relatives town had huge rattlesnake roundup, not the Sweetwater roundup. Street dance and all trimmings of successful harvest. My crush, i saw for 3 yrs straight.

Lots of work was done before they played, lots, lots.

Hats off to farmers.

3 Likes

High,
LOTS OF WORK
Happy growin
Ger

1 Like

I’m just now seeing this Post :rofl: I want to say the striped fish are perch there in the lake’s here, caught a few on rooster tails and worm’s pretty good to eat too , we don’t have walleye here though

3 Likes

Love it. It’s my all time favorite. My first keeper. If I was heading to a deserted island and I could only bring one kid along. I would leave the kid and bring jilly bean. Ha. Hope you get a female.

2 Likes

The farm life sounds more appealing to me the older I get. Hate traffic and crowded downtown streets of seattle. Maybe it’s just because I have to park my work truck in tight spots. I would love some open space and boy would I grow a lovely orchard. You would not believe the number of fruit trees I have fit onto a suburban lot. Wife says no more trees; I reply time to start grafting. Maybe in the next life…

1 Like

It is very tasty and the smell of candy is amazing.

1 Like

54501e6f-469a-4471-ad7e-0dc3283164b1_text

I did my clone shoppin’, and beans are a-poppin’

The lineup has changed some.
Seeds-
Strawberry Cheesecake (Humboldt)
Strawberry cough (Dr Blaze)
Grape Juice Cocktail (DJ Short/Blue Star)
Star dream (DJ Short/Blue Star )
Oreoz( Dr Blaze)
And/or-
Clones-(via EMBARC dispensary)
Berry Pie
Nimbus Snacks
Caffeine/Green Crack
Purple Punch

Last year was crowded-with 12. This year I am going less to see if quality will be better with more lateral space. Seeds are 1st string, Clones are 2nd string and some may get to live :roll_eyes:

Best luck to the outdoor growers this season! :facepunch:
SL out

5 Likes