Spreadsheets for Timeline and Data tracking

I’d like to see that myself

1 Like

There’s no real “timeline” so to speak since every plant is different. Even two seeds from same strain or even 2 clones can be different from each other. Plant training is planned more around size of the plant and what plans you have. As for things to check, I check PPMs and PH daily but I’m in hydro. If I was in soil I’d check and record that data both going in and runoff once the plant is big enough to get runoff. I also record temp and humidity daily if possible. I record the amounts of each nutrient added so that I can plan for how much increase I’ll give at next nutrient addition.

Other than that I tried to get pictures at least every other day to be able to track growth easier. Sometimes it’s hard to tell what changed without comparing it to the previous picture. Especially if you see them everyday. Hopefully that’s somewhat helpful.

6 Likes

Here’s a link to what I have so far, any suggestions greatly appreciated.

@Cyle1

@perry2

3 Likes

I saw some software someone made for tracking grows. I’ve also been looking as I’m waiting to do a very large greenhouse. I’ve found a few controllers that mine the data.

My project I’ll be starting a thread when it gets here is building a Rasberry PI controller that automates and tracks all information

2 Likes

I’ve created a pdf form that you can enter info in to kind of have a record of the grow. I haven’t finished yet, hopefully will this week. Look up posts I’ve started if you want to see an example. I would add it here, but I don’t really know how, lol.

JPM

2 Likes

Here’s the link to your thread:

1 Like

The app @Unkindtay is talking about is called Herb IQ.

I wouldn’t get too hung-up on a schedule, but it is a good idea to write down EVERYTHING you do in your grows:
-Dropped date
-Popped date
-Germed date
-Feeding and watering amounts/frequency
-Grow medium info
-Grow technique info
-Light info (wattage, height from canopy, day/night hours, etc)
-PH of input/runoff
-EC of input/runoff
-Training Info
-Day/Night temp/rh info
-Problems/treatments
-harvest info (final feed, final flush, harvest day, dry weight, curing)

There’s more I’ve missed, I’m sure. Rather than trying to fit your plants into a schedule, observe them as you go and take notes, then create an ever evolving plan from that info.

7 Likes

Thanks, that is my plan is to have the schedule add a guide only, but to add everything so I don’t miss something. I’m also going to keep a daily journal, with those items you mentioned as well

1 Like

There you go much better than my write up. You and @raustin are always better at explanations than me.

1 Like

Hi @SmokingWolverine!

I’m pretty good with excel (except v look ups) and here are some shots of a spreadsheet I made with many different worksheets. They are linked with formulas where possible so I only update the info once. Data in red are projections, and I made comments so I don’t forget what the heck I was thinking at the time.

This is my grow schedule with indoors and outdoors plotted.

OD%20SS

My daily log…you can see I wasn’t very good about recording every daily detail. But at least it documents the mission critical stuff and any screw ups I made.

Hope this helps somewhat. I actually had fun making it because it made me think about all this stuff and not just plug in data.

Cheers!

1 Like

@DaGoose

Thanks, that is some great work, I too enjoy building it for the same reason.

1 Like

I’m looking at recording the following information, this is for an outdoor grow, no hydroponics, is anything redundant or missing that I should be recording in my journal.

This would be for each plant, and I use daily light as i may miss a day or two, but will be checking regularly

Date
Time
Sunrise
Sunset
Day Length
Temperature: Daily High & Daily Low
Humidity Daily High & Daily Low
Precipitation Amount
Soil pH Level
Soil Moisture
Watering Amount (no fertilizer)
Feeding (N-P-K) (Liquid Fertilizer)
Additional Notes:

Thanks

@SmokingWolverine that looks like a great start. The only things that come to mind is your PPM in and out so you know what the plant is consuming. Also the plant strain since they have different nutrient intake behaviors.

1 Like

How do I measure the PPM in and out?

Get a TDS/PPM tester. TDS is Total Distilled Solids and PPM is Parts Per Million. They are the same thing. It was a bit confusing to me. I have the Apera TDS20 which was recommended by many here.

To test you just take a reading of the PPM going in when watering. Then water enough to get runoff and you take a reading of that. The pattern will manifest itself over time. It will also vary based on the plants life stage.

Hope this makes sense!

1 Like

Most Recent Update:

@SmokingWolverine is there instructions for that spreadsheet. It looks like a well designed tracker. Some of it I can see right away but there are a few things I don’t understand like the blue squares. The visual stuff sticks out to me so that was my first question. I downloaded it and saved it to my HDD.

1 Like

Looks like it has a spot for all info

2 Likes

No, I sort have been building as I go, if you download the original Gantt Spreadsheet it had some instruction, I built formulas in for the dates. The rest is just color coding for visual affect. The percentage is a manual input for the task, which is then auto calculated in the remaining time.