Sprayed with pyrethrin and it not only killed the thrips

So, Pyrethrum is the crushed powder from the flower. Pyrethrin are the active components in the powder that paralyze the insects.

Pyrethroids are the synthetic versions. Permethrin is one of them.

I used an OMRI rated pyrethrin and diluted it as recommended. It nuked the plant both times I used it. Nope, not using it again.

Spinosad worked and didn’t harm the plant.

3 Likes

In Australia we just plant them around what we dont want attacked, as its terpines odor repels pests, spinosad was found in an old bourbon distillery, i mean who finds them type of things?

4 Likes

I’m so glad I read this before treating my girls just before sunset tonight!

1 Like

Neem oil is just as bad for your crop once flowering. You got the right stuff.

Where you able to save the plant? I just did the same thing and burnt 2 plants and am wondering if there’s hope to bring them back. They are smaller plants that have been cut back for mainlining.

Fairly certain that one didn’t make it. Anytime I tried that product the plant just gave up.

I think mine are done too. It’s been a bad growing week.

Sorry to hear that. I know the pain

1 Like

Update…I was able to save one plant the other didn’t make it. Unfortunately I still have the thrips! OMG how do I get rid of them???
I have sprayed with a garlic solution and have taken all the bugs off the leaves multiple times with an Iso alcohol solution. I have also shaken the plant lightly and taken them out of the tent to get the bugs off and sprayed the tent then disinfected it. Last ditch effort watered the plants with a peroxide solution hoping to kill eggs. I STILL HAVE THRIPS.
I believe they came from new soil I bought. Is there a way to save the soil or just trash it and buy new stuff?

Saving the soil isn’t worth the headache, (if it’s compromised).

I had thrips once. Fairly certain I used a product with spinosad. It might have been Monterey. Iirc it took the thrips out after the 3rd application and had minimal impact on the plant.

Use pyrethrum not spelt with rin at the end u want rum

Hope it lined back out.

Rum not rin