Spouse support in the grow,you never known

Well this year we grew outside a monster,my bride she wasn’t to excited about it much as it grew but come Oct.13th harvest day and trim night. I learned something. My wife loves weed. I have made Oil , brownies,gummie bears, and the buds we smoke WOW! WE got a tent downstairs and she is going how long before “MY” Purple Diesel" is done?? She let me get a great light and now wants to buy high THC beans…I hoped she would get on board but WOW SHE loves weed. And plans to grow outside . Happy am I Anyone else find out their spouse is a encourager of green

10 Likes

I can’t think of anything better than having a partner in life that love to do what you do!! :v::v::v:

4 Likes

She loves it all. We are hoping to put up a small greenhouse to be legal. Outside must be locked somehow up here in IL.

2 Likes

That is awesome :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes your are very lucky, wife said at beginning was all for it, 1 grow later all is shut down, said I spent to much time with garden, not with her. Never wanted to help or anything, but likes to smoke free weed tho, and enjoys the fruits of my labor. So y’all are very lucky to have a partner in life that enjoys the same thing. Very lucky

4 Likes

My woman doesn’t partake but loves helping. She knows I’m to rough with most things and break alot, then the attitude comes out. So she helps in many ways👍
Congrats on your lady as well♥️

1 Like

My wife encouraged me to start growing. She stands by me in the business I want to start, though laws aren’t caught up. She has ensured me, once kids are independent, we WILL move to a legal state. She is also studying being a cannabis nurse, on the downlow.

Spousal support is important for any partner to have success in what they do. My wife doesn’t even look in the tent unless I ask her, but she loves helping me when I need it.

9 Likes

Wife’s in the medical field and was completely against it when we met. I stopped growing and smoking. I have always used for anxiety, she suggested the medical route. I got a Dr and was prescribed large amounts of xanax. One of the most addictive drugs to get off of. I got strung out and it took a year to be Xanax free. My one year clean I came home to a new grow set up. She couldn’t be more supportive now. Sometimes it takes over 20yrs but it happens. She now suggest others grow and has brought small amounts to patients suffering from chemo treatments. It’s legal here but is very expensive.

8 Likes

That’s great!!

2 Likes

Yea the VA TRIED to give me meds antidepression ,xaxanx no no I said

2 Likes

I’m constantly amazed by my wife. She was hesitant because growing was just barely legalized at the end of June- but she quickly got on board and said she’d help me trim when I got that far. Later on she green lighted me getting a second tent and helped me set it up. Then she asked if I could make CBD infused candy. I started growing her a CBD plant and she asks about it once a week or so - “how’s my plant coming?” :joy:

Once the stinky cheese plant I have started seriously smelling, she asked how I felt about buying another tent and putting it in the garage. She thought, “get it out of the house” and I thought “more room to flower plants.” Win-win-win. She’s got a physical aversion to THC so I’ll end up needing to keep a CBD strain going for her at all times. :grin:

But honestly long story short (too late!) she’s been by my side since Day 1 with some skepticism- now she’s fully on board and is encouraging me to build up a back stock. :v:

3 Likes

My wife loves looking at the plants while they are growing but doesn’t really help much with that part. What she loves the most is harvesting, trimming. She uses way more weed than I do. She was costing me over $400 a month at the dispensary on vape cartridges, now I make my own carts and also got an Arizer vaporizer for dry flower. Hopefully we harvested enough this year to last us until next year’s harvest

7 Likes

thats awesome. my mrs. was kinda cool with it for years. she smokes like a feind. but this last year i kinda went full bore in the backyard and it freaked her out some. luckily i hooked up with a gromey from the old days and we back in business at his place… the lord shall provide.

3 Likes

my wife smokes and is suppotive but the whole no growing in nj has her spooked. it dident help that i grew monsters in the veggie garden this past year. ( shot myself in the foot.)

2 Likes

My fiance wasn’t on board at first but due to her losing her job and medical insurance we needed to find a solution for anti depression medsm she was pissed when I started we had over 3k on a credit card and I found every opportunity to get bigger and better things. Now my whole setup is over 5k but I don’t need any new things and she doesn’t complain anymore because she understands the method to my madness. Paid off all credit card bills and got ahead and started stockpiling. Now she hates doing anything with the tent but I’ve been getting her into more here lately. She helps trim and harvest (not that I give her an option lol if you wanna smoke it your gonna work for it!) But here lately she started hernown plant as a training dummy because she kept helping and breaking branches and id come into branches dangling down held together with tape or pipe cleaners lol. But slowly she is getting more into it ots just more of an issue to find time between school, work, and home life

3 Likes

My favorite phrase when she doesn’t want to help is you remember the story about the little red hen making bread lmao :laughing: :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve never told my wife how much I spend on the op, tho she’s completely onboard with the fruits it’s hard to find someone willing to learn the ins and outs of the needs of the plants.I’ve tried simplifying it, but I think she’s scared to mess anything up, I guess it could be a bit overwhelming

She’s all business when it comes time to harvest, which helps a good bit.

3 Likes

Mine sat with her scirrcors trimming with me

3 Likes

She " let" you get a light??? Come on man put the pants on. lol!!!

2 Likes

My wife partakes while I do not. However I enjoy gardening. So when it came to getting something setup to grow her own, she did not object. Her only concern is our state isn’t legal (F’n politicians). Timing wise it was perfect. Had a crop or two in jars before Covid struck and we were garrisoned in our house. Next when I wanted to improve and expand my grow space her response was “that sounds nice dear”. While reviewing the layout with her and pointing out what I saw as a shortcoming she suggested that I make it bigger. Problem solved. What teamwork!! Got to go, going to roll up some Purple Kush.

4 Likes