Spotted spider mits and webs

Iceberg, I believe he was washing powdery mildew off in that article?I have many of his books and he was washing off p.m. In his latest book, the Cannabis Encyclopedia. I hope I am aloud to say about his book. Take care, Mike

I agree thatā€™s doesnā€™t make any sense one or the other just willing to try any thing I will still give a good spray the hose to get the diatomaceous off and reapply neem oil till harvest and then give a good bath of hydrogen peroxide and hang to dryā€¦thks fellow growers for all your help and follow up

1 Like

Iceberg, make sure that video you saw was for removing neem residue on your plants at harvest. This would be news to me! Mike

Ok will go back and look futher

Good luck!

So what is the cause of this my third grow never had bug problem before

Some times its better to start again after a heavy eradication program.
I got mites in an industrial hydro setup and we have to shut down after many unsuccessful attempts to get ride of them.
They are tough little buggers.

Hey Iceberg, I have outside garden with flowers where all kinds of bugs are. My rule of thumb is to never go into my weed garden with clothes I had on outside! I have a jumpsuit that hangs on the door of the grow room. When I come in from working outside I undress to my underware and put jumpsuit on. I have sneakers that have never been outside and I slip into them before going in my weed room. Check for cracks around window and doors. Your fresh air for your garden do you have a vent to outside? If you do, make sure you have a filter to keep bugs out. Last but not least make sure you clean w/bleach any new tools or flower pots that have been used before. If you allow someone to visit your grow, then mix a small amount of bleach and water and have in a pan about 3/4 of and inch of the mixture of bleach and water poured into a pan that your guest can step in to before entering your grow room. Keep all pets out of grow room as they bring things in to. Please donā€™t be embarrassed that you got mites, as the best of growers have had them. I hope I have helped, take care, Mike

3 Likes

@iceberg.
Its 50/ 50 and any dish soap will be fine.

Will

@iceberg,

Could be change of weather it changes from year to year. Be my thought.

Will

No it was spider mites Iā€™m sure

Will.

Itā€™s that !@#$ cat my daughter brought a kitten home been here bout six months or more and that shit goes in there and goes to sleep didnā€™t think that was a problem longs as he was not eating anything his ass is out of here will buy new tent after this harvest

I read the mites travel on air currents using web sails like spider hatchlings, and can wind up about anywhere. But I think mcicchino might have a really good idea about changing before entering grow room after tending plants outside. it just makes sense for reducing risk of getting them.

2 Likes

If you want to really reduce the risks of getting them, Iā€™d reverse ventilation, and pump fresh air into the room to create positive pressure, as opposed to venting old air out, which creates a vacuum, and pulls air in when the door is open. Same principles used in reverse isolation for immune compromised people.

1 Like

Ok fellow growers last grow was a bust !@#$ing spider mites salvaged what little budā€™s left got them hanging to dry out now this should have been a nice yield new nutrients sensi grow and bloom was used but have since got ride of the cat bombed tent washed down with bleach and started new grow applied neem oil early on and will add DE to top of soil

Uploadingā€¦

2 Likes