Spots on leaves?

This is a Super Skunk Autoflower on Day 23. PH runoff is at 6.2. PPM is at 800. This started out as grayish shiny spots. Had a power outage for 13 hours before I could get a generator going. The next day these spots showed up. Not sure if that has a factor in it but temp got down to 50 and humidity to 81%.

1 Like

Good Morning @Jenny

Could we get you to fill out a support ticket? It will help to get you figured out! I will also post a Deficiencies/ Excesses chart at the end so you can start looking at it to see what you think it might be!

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

Age from Sprout:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

Indoor or Outdoor:

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

Also here is a Deficiencies & Excesses Chart to help you identify what is wrong with your plants

When you get this all filled out throw an @ in front of my username in your post and I will get tagged and come back and take a look!

Looks like shes just starting to enter cal mag deficiency

2 Likes

@bob31
Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain: Super Skunk Auto

Age from Sprout: Day 23

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:50/50 Perlite & Happy Frog in smart pots

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? Every 4-5 days, when moisture tester says they’re dry

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir: PH runoff is at 6.2

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: Giving it 580ppm runnoff was at 800

Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor tent

Light system, size and height from plants: LED at 36"

Temps; Day, Night: 73-77

Humidity; Day, Night: 45-50

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: Fans circulating at canopy and charcoal filter vented out

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: Humidifier

Co2; Yes, No: Yes

This started out as grayish shiny spots. Had a power outage for 13 hours before I could get a generator going. The next day these spots showed up.

Isn’t that more common in hydro? Thought I read that somewhere. Trying to get more up on hydro and might start a grow in the garage next summer.

It can happen in soil as well very common in both when growing indoors, outdoor in the ground I certainly agree deficiencies are hard to come by

1 Like

@Jenny
This is a Boron Deficiency

Most of the time a boron deficiency comes from the grower over-fertilizing their plants. Make sure to avoid this so that you don’t end up with a boron deficiency in the first place. You could use something like Marijuana Booster from the beginning to avoid a boron problem.

If you do find yourself with boron-deficient plants, you have a few options for courses of treatment. You can treat your water solution with boric acid (wiki)- one teaspoon of boric acid per gallon of water. You can use Marijuana Booster for treatment as well, as borax, compost, or compost teas.

Download my free marijuana grow guide at this link for more growing tips

Boron deficiency sometimes comes from the pH level being too high or low. In soil, roots can absorb boron the best if the pH level is between 6.0 and 6.5. In a hydroponic system, absorption of boron happens best between 5.5 and 6.2. Flush the entire system with water of the proper pH as well as nutrients mixed in. You should see new growth starting to come in normally within a few days.

A boron deficiency also might be due to a lack of potassium and nitrogen, in which case you should water your plants regularly with these nutrients. If your grow room is quite dry, you can use a humidifier to help lessen the symptoms of boron deficiency.
List of marijuana plant symptoms

Leaf Color:
– Pale leaf color
– Purple or darkened leaf color
– Dark brown spots on leaves

Leaf Symptoms:
– Browning or burnt leaf edges

Plant Symptoms:
– Thicker growth tips
– Slowed growth
– Twisted or abnormal growth

Boron is found in most tap water, so unless you are using extremely filtered or reverse osmosis water, you should not encounter a boron problem. If you are watering your plants with tap water and it appears they have a boron deficiency, first check out conditions with similar symptoms to see if boron is really the issue.

Remember that plants with strong genetics have less change of getting sick. Make sure you buy cannabis seeds from a trusted seedbank.

Thanks for reading. Please leave comments or questions below and don’t forget to download my free grow bible

Robert

1 Like

@Jenny you aren’t giving nutrients are you?

@garrigan62 @Majiktoker would a 50/50 mix of ffhf and perlite make the soil a bit acidic? Kind of a soil mix?

If I’m not making sense let me know!

@Jenny
@bob31
Again, if using FFOF you don’t need to add perilite. There’s plenty in there to keep the plants happy, and the more perilite you add the less volume of soil, therfore area of the rootbal not exposed to micronutrients in the soil. I might mix in 20% perlite just because I know that’s not going to hurt anything, but it isn’t necessary.

Will

Would it affect what the water pH should be or stay at 6.7 ?

no it adds more O2