Spots/burns? on leaves

hi there. can anybody advise as to what is going on with the leaves on this plant?
ive tried to diagnose myself but found info to be conflicting (too much nutrients/ not enough etc etc)
i only use liquid nutes once a week and water about half a gallon every 2 - 3 days.
the plants have been recently topped and pruned but didnt shock them whatsoever.
the slight droopiness is due to the time of day. they are very sprightly during daytime hours.

any feedback would be greatly appeciated.

thanks so much

cheers

in my experience some plants just have one or two leaves like this…unless you are seeing many of them I wouldn’t be too concerned…but if I had to say something I would ask about your PH fluctuations

hi,

thanks so much for responding,

yes it seems to be only a few leaves that are affected.
to be honest i have only been using tap water and i dont know the ph levels.
i am new to growing.

i do have filter jugs that i use for drinking (the water here in mallorca is quite hard)

would you suggest filtering the water that i give to the plants?

thanks again and have a great day

well… you have heard the old saying ’ you are what you eat’…same goes for your girl there don’t you think?

2 Likes

good point sir :slight_smile:
i’ll start filtering their water and report back in a week or so.

thanks again

1 Like

hard water typically has a lot of minerals in it…those minerals could build up and cause issues or they could be minerals you really don’t want your girl to have … like lead…just something to think about when having a smoke

1 Like

thanks so much for taking the time to respond to my post. i appreciate your advice.

cheers

2 Likes

I would get a good ph and ppm meter to test. Ph is should be checked in and runoff. This is how the girls tells us us if they are satisfied.

1 Like

Thank you.

I’m guessing the pH level will be on the high side. A friend said it’s around 8 to 8.5 where he lives (near to me)

What should I add to the water to reduce it?
Lemon water?

Also, at what ratio per litre or gallon?

Cheers everybody. Have a great day

This is a very random response…… but in the first pic I thought that was my hand :rofl::man_facepalming:t3: Looks like my hand!

High 5 hand twin!

1 Like

:muscle:t2::sunglasses: high five !!

I having a couple small issues I believe with my leaves too lol, make you worry like a mf don’t they :rofl:

8 is very high for ph. soil 6.5 ish

This is for the tap water, not what comes out after drainage. Yes,it’s very high. Could I use lemon or something else to neutralise it a little when I water?

@robnic

It’s a must to get a good ph tester before trying to adjust.
https://www.amazon.com/Bluelab-PENPH-Pen-Plant-Germination/dp/B005POOJHG/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?crid=10IPNAYL1PZGL&keywords=ph+pen&qid=1653482028&sprefix=ph+pen%2Caps%2C102&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzTzBHOVVGSFU1OUxRJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjUwMTY0MUMxNUQyVTJJODlENCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNTYzMjcxMkJGVlZRMjJMR1lGRyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX3Bob25lX3NlYXJjaF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Great, I’ll get one

Thanks