Spots appearing?

I went out of town for a week. Before leaving, I added fertilizer and watered quite heavy. I also inserted three blumat watering stakes. When I got back she definitely needed water but also there is just one leaf on my entire plant that has some yellow discoloration spots. Should I be concerned? Cut the leaf or keep it? I am growing Blue Haze and am on week 7. 12hr light cycle with GGT 2x4 and HLG 260XL.

3 Likes

Look under those affected leaves first to make sure you don’t see any bugs or small pests, then we can go from there

2 Likes

I personally cannot see any signs of pests/bugs present. I am noticing now that I’m turning it around that 1. Some of my leaves are curling down also now and 2. The leaves that comes out of the branches directly above the red line I drew are the only two leaves on my whole plant showing these spots this bad

1 Like

I’m extremely new to growing so take this with a grain of salt but could it possibly be a mist from when you water a nutrient burn from the leaves being misted what do you use to water

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about one leaf none.
Plant looks good to me even if you hadn’t been away.
And id leave it on to see if it continues to get worse, even if the one leaf dose, as long as it doesn’t start spreading i would not worry.
If more start it then I’d start checking ppms and ph

3 Likes

I’d leave them leaves on and do what 'pappy up there says. In case imbalance or pH is locking out something. That leaf is still producing and sending stuff down to the roots. Wouldnt hurt too much but it’s not a virus or disease so no need to cut it untill it’s blocking other leaves or dies.

2 Likes

First off, nothing to worry about. One leaf having any issues, when the rest of the plant is healthy, is of minor concern. Those rust spots shown here

are areas in the leaf that contain the Ca. As the plant develops, it will cannibalize nutrients from the older, lower leaves to re-distribute valuable resources to the growing shoots. Leave the leaves in place, so this may happen. I’d also give the plant some Ca to stop this from continuing.

4 Likes

I like this one :arrow_up:. Overalll health looks pretty good. Just keep an eye on her. :eyes:

1 Like

Looks like thrip damage to me. Look it up how it looks on cannabis. Hard to tell from pic does not have the calcium rust look. I would spray some captain jacks regardless as a preventative.

2 Likes