Splitting stems

Got some WWA’S going into 4th week of flower. Problem is stems are already splitting from the weight. I used honey as an adhesive and something to hold it together. Is this going to be a problem?

1 Like

Maybe some sticks for additional support?

1 Like

I would also put something to tie that together something soft

1 Like

Thanks, yeah I didn’t think I needed it yet. I have bamboo stakes to size up and tomato clips. That picture was just the honey. I have some string around it now too.

1 Like

Good luck hope that’s works for you

1 Like

I just used rose wire.

4 Likes

Will it bind back together? Or just as a support now?

It should bind but I would keep it there for support

1 Like

If you do it right i think you will be really surprised, I split my last grow a lot worse than that and I used honey and electrical tape and then wrapped tightly round and round with string, and it bonded stronger and bore the biggest buds, check it out on goldy a gold leaf tale or I could tag you

1 Like

I know this is 20/20 hindsight though next time you could to try this.

You could also use electrical tape as it is rubber but I wouldn’t wrap it around more then needed to bind it that way it could expand with the growth of the trunk.

2 Likes

I’ll take some pics in the morning of what I did. I believe it should be fine. Think I caught it early. Glad I noticed it.

1 Like

I had a couple stems that snapped because I was
Bending a little bit to LST and noticed they had tears where it met the main stem. I just left them alone and they grew some knuckles and were good to go. Mine were still in Veg and didn’t have any buds to support so.

3 Likes

It will bind back together I have broken many branches and stems trying to do LST.

2 Likes

I am glad you posted this as now I will be watching for any similar developments. I now also have solutions should it happen. Thanks to all.

1 Like

1 Like