Split plant in veg question

From a fellow grower: I’m just an experimental grower. Just wondering if you have tried splitting a cannabis plant in veg from the bottom to the top and let it lay down and maybe then do a sea of green cos the plant will grow out more and I’m thinking would almost double the yield.

If you split the plant in the first few weeks of flower it will overstress and some balls will pop out and give you healthy pollen for feminized seeds.

2 Likes

Try it and let is know by publishing your results.

1 Like

I don’t see how doing that much damage to the plant would be of any benefit but that’s what experiments are for join the forum start a journal document results I would definitely tune in!

There are already training techniques to make a plant grow wide not tall and boost yields that work amazingly that a lot of us like to use I’m sure a lot of growers would like to watch and participate in your experiments.

1 Like

This is an old Zulu method of growing canabis(Swazi gold, DP… I have split a few plants down the middle but I have only been able to grow 1 or 2 plants at a time. This year I’m growing alot more maby I will be able to compare the outcome and maby take some pics

2 Likes

Look at it as a form of HST

If you do it earlier in veg you’ll end up with twins