Spindly marijuana

A question from a fellow grower:

I planted 20 white widow plants. They are about 2 inches long and very spindly but they have leaves developing on the ends. I am worried that the stems won’t be able to support the top. Is this normal?

First 5 plants came up fast and are spindly. Other 15 plants didn/t so I scraped off a little dirt and there they were. Well, they are barely moving now. Read your book but it really was not much help. Should I keep these warmer than my household temperature? Right now they are sitting in little peat pots in the kitchen window. Normal day night middle California temps.
I can put them in the terrarium with a heater underneath if that will help them get started. The next 15 plants seem to be coming in with shorter stems - at least the leaves look like they might pop up right at ground level rather than sprouting like superman.

You might need better light. Not enough light and the plants will stretch and be very spindly.

Are you using a small oscillating fan on your plants when they sprout? A soft continual breeze will strengthen, and fatten the main stem.

Are you saying that the only light your seedlings are getting is through a window?

I must agree with MacG. Hope it all works out for you, and let us know if we can help further.