SpiderFarmer 400/ Electric Sky 300/ MarsHydro 3000W

Just a quickie, I am looking to upgrade my GreenFingers 2000W Blurple nonsense to a decent light. My budget is up to $1000, out of the above suggestions, which one and why? Or are there any others to consider for the AUD $650 to AUD $1000 bracket of LEDs, silent cooling is best? My tent is an 8ft x 4ft x 4ft but I only intend on growing 4 to 6 plants at a time. Please help

Got the spider farmer 4000 here of eBay for under a grand is working well here…

1 Like

Thanks StevOz, if you have had a grow already with the SpiderFarmer 4000, what was your cured dry weight of yield out of how many plants?

First grow and dunno yet, still learning, let them veg for a bit too long and they really do go insane when you flip for flowering.

That said they are starting to bud up nice now…the details are all in my journal post, four plants.

1 Like

Thanks so much StevOz, it’s nice to have another aussie in here, same BTW, my first go

Hoping to pull a dry pound at least though can’t count those chickens yet.

1 Like

All the best mate, and good luck!

1 Like

Hey mate ,I have the electric sky 300 and I pull a pound or just under from one light I have two and also the hlg550
If I was you I would invest in the hlg550 rspec for that size tent can get them for $1300 Aus is still expensive in the high end led
The electric sky is a awesome light but you would need three to do the job in a 8x4

2 Likes

Is ur tent 4x4 x8 high or 4x8x4 high. If 4x4. Hlg 650rspec does a 5x5 flower cover 1100 usd minus 10 percent if u use code dude if it still works. Thats on the hlg site. With a grand budget best bets would be looking into hlg lights. U wont be sorry.

1 Like

Hi I don’t mean to Hijac your thread, I’m in the market for a simlar light. Does anyone know anything about Maxisun? Looks like this one pulls 400Watts vs 450 on the Spiderfarm, but this one is $300 usd vs $580 for the spiderfarm. It has the Samsung LED’s. It’s a lightning deal on Amazon ends in 3 hrs, might have to buy it and then consider if I bought the right thing.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08343891S/ref=vp_d_pb_TIER2_cmlr_lp_B07TXFR69M_pd?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B083432HQQ&pd_rd_w=nglPX&pf_rd_p=3b47a25b-2625-4bff-9b6a-c9af28f12539&pf_rd_r=e018c778-0e29-4e64-9855-cfb6a526f454&pd_rd_r=e018c778-0e29-4e64-9855-cfb6a526f454&pd_rd_wg=PhgH4&th=1

1 Like

If it was me. I’ll get it. If you know what your doing, IMO, any light will work. The light is like 15% of the process

1 Like

Go HLG instead. Because not all lights perform the same. :+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

My tent is 2.4M long (8ft) by 1.2M wide (4ft) by 2M tall (6ft6")

1 Like

Thanks Good_Piff but the blurple rubbish I got with the tent kit, is not even doing as good as a seedling I just stuck outside for control and test purposes

2 Likes

Im sure the maxi sun will grow but it will not compare to what u would get with a hlg light. U can probably get away with 3 260vls in there and out the door would be about 1003 i believe it was with the dude code. 962 or 982 if u have a military id or are a vet

2 Likes

Thing is you can’t get hlg lights in Australia unless you import them at huge shipping rates which makes them really expensive and long shipping times. Also Amazon Australia have nothing but rubbish with Ebay providing the only reasonable lights.

Also for the 8x4 you would most likely need at least 2 sizable lights if you are going to fill the entire tent.

1 Like

I agree. I have 2 bloom plus 3000 in a 4x4 right now having excellent success so far. Let’s see how these buds look in a few weeks. I’m getting two more tents soon and I’m going to run an HLG in one or maybe both

2 Likes

You will be happy with the HLG lights. I am. :+1:

2 Likes

I’d say 2 of the bloom plus 3000 should cover it at the least cost as they use samsung leds and are just over $400 AU with free postage.

2 Likes

Thanks StevOz, don’t suppose you’ve a link have you?

1 Like