Spider mites? Something else?

I have three AF outdoors, only a week old. This is a pic of the Northern lights.

Northern Lights AF
Coco
Temps/humidity - all over the map 65-85, humidity 50-85%
AN grow/micro/bloom
Washington DC (a swamp)

Used Nukem twice and neem a few days ago.

“If you can grow a tomato, you can grow weed”. Well. In three years I’ve never been able to grow a tomato. I have ALL the things here in terms of molds, pests and assorted diseases. not sure what I was thinking. Any idea what this might be? I don’t see any webbing underneath. Contrast on the pic was upped to show it better. Not easy to get a clear shot.

U might need Nitrogen and check the ph on the water you are giving it

1 Like

Been watering at PH 6.0 with AN nutes every other watering.

soil does not look “normal”…leaves are showing a nute deficit

1 Like

one of them looks like it had spider mites. nuked them last night… will see what happens.

it’s coco with perlite. i added a little more coco to the top because the stems were getting stretchy and didn’t want them to break in the breeze. they’ll get another AN feeding today or tomorrow.

Too many nutes. Plants doesn’t require any feed until the round cotyledon leaves shrivel and turn brown and fall off.

3 Likes

looks like spider mites. Try spraying with Azamax (i believe that was the name). It really helps

thanks. i forgot i’d posted this thread a while ago, just posted new pics in another. that’s been the leading theory but the underside of the leaves look relatively clear. they’re also more splotches than they are white dots.

I’ve lost many other plants to spider mites and it seems like once the infestation is this pronounced, the plant is dead within days. we’re on week 5 of this. and the other two plants are now mostly clear.

Does anyone know what this is on my seedlings and how to get rid of it? As you can see there are some kind of dots and clear color that seems like all over the leaves. Can someone please help me take care of these babies?

take a leaf off and put it under a scope. that does look like the kind of damage a spider mite or thrip can do. or is it something sit on top of the leaves? almost looks raised.

Dr. Zymes is a good all around, natural treatment for bugs and molds. AFTER examining the leaves and after sunset, spray it down good on both sides.

1 Like

Its a ph issue that is going to turn into a calcium issue and mag Start cal/mag and check ph. Let solution sit for 5 min on meter. Check after mixes for 5 min. I have found that the temperature of your water will also change the pH. The warmer than water the lower the pH. I thought I had tomato mosaic virus. Then I thought I had brought mites. I am pretty sure that you have a pH issue or either a calcium magnesium issue.

1 Like

Raise your ph to between 6.4-6.8. Add 1/2 teaspoon of silica first in water. Then mix. Then add cal/mag. Mix well. After 5 min mix and in a shotglass or however you do it check ph 2-3 times. Let it sit in solution for 3-5 min. Have water between 64-75 degrees f.
And listen to me. This will be the best advice you ever get. Trust someone you don’t know and purchased a bag of recharge immediately. Tomorrow go out and get it. Use 1 teaspoon per gallon one time per week. If you are watering twice a week use your recharge and then the other time use nutrients. Are use recharge at every time. Twice a week sometimes. But I will back off to half a teaspoon per gallon according to how much I have been putting on them. you will not hurt them. Another thing is worm castings. You can find worm castings that are not outrageously priced.

First things first is PH very important let it sit in your meter for at least a few minutes. It sounds like you are changing your pH without knowing it. Bring it up from the sickness to at least 6.4. Use your cal mag And recharge and you’ll be golden!

1 Like

Thanks man!

I always use:
Great White :shark:
Mammoth P :mammoth:
Cal-Mag Plus
Azos + Mykos on occasion once the plans get a little bigger I switch it up. Found it works best this way. Is definitely not pH problem because this is an outside grow and it doesn’t need any watering really. I do add the above mentioned with water but I don’t water them a lot I just add enough so they can absorb the nutrients.

I bought AgroSafe that someone mentioned a couple days ago and sprayed them yesterday but it’s been raining all night and all day today and will rain all night tonight. I’m going to spray them again tomorrow and I’ll see if they get any better and if they don’t then I’m going to try your Silica + Cal-Mag option :ok_hand:t3::+1:t3::muscle:t3:

Thanks for the tip but after doing a ton of research on The Amazing Doctor Zymes Eliminator and every single person who is growing cannabis complained about it saying that it burned the leaves and has to be pH specific and temperature specific before applying which really sucks.

Someone recommended I use AgroSafe, here’s the link to it :point_down:t3:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M983TRL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_VMQWJ0W7009M9VV03723?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

And it looks promising and is designed specifically for cannabis plants and is being sold to commercial cultivators so I trust them all the way and I recommend you give it a shot too :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

ok. just dunked all of mine into buckets of it and no issues, been using it over a year. but glad you found something that works.

thanks but this thread is two years old and it was not a Ph issue. the leaves were just variegated.

Oh good to know that the leaves were just variegated, thanks for sharing that!

Do you only use Dr Zymes to foiler spray or you also add to water when watering?

Here’s a pic after I sprayed them yesterday with AgroSafe :point_down:t3:

1 Like

MY leaves were variegated… pretty sure you have something munching yours. did you take a leaf off and look at it under the scope to ID what you have?

there are dilution instructions on the bottle- it’s very concentrated. hope this stuff works for you, growing outdoors is not for the faint of heart.

1 Like

No, I straight up used the AgroSafe stuff without taking off leaves because the plants are too young to take off any leaves and they’re infested, that’ll be too much of stress for such a young plant :seedling:
I’m going to wait a couple days and see if it fixes the issue and if it doesn’t, then I’ll take the next steps and try Dr Zymes.

Do you only use Dr Zymes to foiler spray or you also add to water when watering???