Spider mites...my battle plan

Here are the scopes / magnifiers I use Currently

Originally bought the Carson but there are 2 models one from like 60x-120x? And others use them here but I got the 100x-250x but found it wouldn’t work for me looking at trichs on buds but works great for looking at critters growing in teas (with the slide) and objects more flat like the leaf.
Wasn’t too expensive I think maybe $20
I bough the jewelers loop which is 30x big lens and 60x little lens ($12) and has a built in led light to help illuminate things.
Seems to work fine for my eyes. Use the 30x for easier look for general ripening and use the 60x for final decision on if they are ready.
Trick I find helpful is when using it to grab a fan leaf on the cola bud that you want to check to stabilize it and then close in with loop to see. Proper lighting is pretty important too. White light daylight type is best for me anyway

My first grow from December

My current grows…

Another of my threads I started there are many more just use the search feature using the @Skydiver in one of the parameters to pull up other posts. Same as with anyone that you find here growing similar to what you want to do.

These may give you some insight to my last 7 months experience in figuring some of this stuff out growing indoors particular to cannabis to get the best bang for the buck and time invested.

Wish I could grow outside … let alone inside wink :wink:

2 Likes