Spider mites maybe

Hey everybody another newbie here. Is it ok to spray for bugs close to harvest (1 to 2 weeks). Using ILGM bug blaster.
Believe its spider mites.

Thanks for any help.
Hope pic is good.

4 Likes

I’m still unclear on what the ILGM bug blaster is - but to be safe I can recommend Captain Jack’s dead bug for all your pest control needs during flowering.

Avoid Neem oil during flower.

5 Likes

Yep you got em. I use capt. Jacks and growers ally products, but safer soap works too. You will want to do a good bud wash immediately after harvest

5 Likes

Thanks guys I’m learning as much as possible before my 1st indoor winter grow (ILGM Wite Widow autos ). These ladies grew in garden all summer. Brought in 2nd week of September.

5 Likes

I found 6 beans in an oz over the winter
4 germinated, 2 grew , topped 1 twice .
No nutrients and crappy hose water.
Banzai babies. 1 is just mini cola.
C ya growmies.

5 Likes

The only thing I found works every time for spider mites is gasoline and a lighter. Everything else just makes them mad. I highly recommend using this pesticide outdoors on a calm day.

2 Likes

Hope it doesn’t come to that

Only seems to be infesting smallest one. Sprayed at lights out last night, will see what happens.
This is other lady
I’m thinking another week or so.
Anyone have input

I 100% agre with the gasoline and match method…

Lets keep our heads on here…ive just dealt with this heart breaking situations…
Think of a farmer when bugs, or a storm hits there crops…
Do they go out and light there field on fire…no!
You have flowers…so no chemicals…thake them out side now!..water is your friend hose them off…you can use a paper plate or aluminum foil (cover your soil)…and hose off that plant…blast them bugs …rinse your plants off and give them a fan…bleach your grow area…let it offgas
To combat spidermites…you have to hose your plants every day if your gonna save them…
Also remember your plant is in survival mode…
If your very militant with your self and wash your plants…you will probably salvage 1/3-1/2 your yield…if you so nothing they will die before your eyes…try a product called whipe-out…or
1gal of water
1/4 cup of dawn dish soap
About 8oz 91% isopropyl alcoholic…shake it up use a garden sprayer and give tour plants a bath…cover your soil…next day hose off plants out side growing area…
Also get a can of raid nyph spray and spay floor around plants…
Good luck…this is the time that separate the men from the boys…
Also

Please don’t spray isopropyl alcohol on your buds. That’s a sure fire way to dissolve away any thc/trichomes on the outside of the bud.

Obviously the use of the spray mixture and any chemical can be used up till flower then halted…
As i mentioned water and fans.
Increase air circulation and moisture will help disrupt the spidermites routine …
Spidermites hibernate…so dont think a frost is gonna kill them…
Oh…i forgot…lady bugs…beautiful little lady bugs will go to town and chomp them up…but after there work is done…they will fly away.

Should i add its a bad idea to put lady bugs in a grow tent in your house…(if your happily married) or is that self explanatory

I’d expect it should be.

…oh…i noticed that spidermites didn’t attack the buds…they get stuck in the tricombs…they want the leafs…
Hahaha…in all seriousness…my spidermites hite about August in an out door grow…this was the best grow i ever had, and first time using autopots 6xl …if was awesome…in the peak of the summer heat i got lazy…forgot about treating my garden for pest…because…why?..look how great the girls look…and BAM!..i tried every thing on the market…hell ill probably die of cancer from trying so hard to kill the damn spidermites…
You wont kill them all…no matter what…accept that fact
When you think there gone…grab your eye scope and look at all the eggs on the under side of the leafs…did you know even mail spidermite lay up to 9 eggs a day…hahahahaha.
Oh there evil…they have pinchers and suck the chlorophyll out of your plants cells…causing the yellowing you see…
Oh thats another nice tip about mites…
By the time you see the yellow…its to late…
(So so important to treat proactively, instead of reactively )
So …cover your soil…spray your plants (with non-clorinated water only)…spring or well water…or use a garden sprayer and buy some good water…blast them with your hose or wand pointing up (not so much pressure your slicing the plant.leafs)…always spray the bottom of the leaf to help remove the larva…and protect the soil so the dont just rinse down and hatch out…
Wash the stock off with your fingers and hose…
Remember…spray the entire under side of your plant, then the top side down…a nice oscillating fan you wiggle the wet leafs…and help dry them…keep the airflow moving…spidermites love hot, dry, stagnate location …make them miserable and hopefully they just move one…
The water method works.
I just did it for 65 days…almost every day…it sucked…
Oh…maybe this may help someone…my plants were in shock from the spidermites…they completely stopped growing…i had nothing to cover my soil with …so all those chemicals wash down into the soil…short of setting my plants on fire …i put them through hell…and they still produced awesome bud…
After i got a grip on myself, and the spidermites…i started to calm down amd think…my plants had just gone into flower so i topped them…i top them hard…
(Every dead leafs, branch, clipping went directly into the burn barrel away from plants…)
By topping it forced plants to veg a bit more and produce mew flowers…they actually kind of recovered providing i bathed them every night…