Spider Mites after harvest

I took one of my plants down the other day. Basically because of Bud Rot. I put one of the buds under my scope to look at trichromes and saw a few mites in it. Should I wash the buds? How do I get them off? Not sure what to do here.

Washing should rid you of the mites and give you a nice clean end product

Video is for wpm but should work for you as well
Reinspect after washing

Hope this helps

Harvest time is in the air, and this video have been shared 743 times in the last week :slight_smile:

Lmao :joy:
Its a great video fir newbies to watch and this guy been around forever

We sound have a contest and see who guesses the amount of times shared.

@Countryboyjvd1971
I did the wash. I hung the buds to dry in front of a fan for 4 hrs. They dried up well. Better than I expected. I took a few buds and put them under my digital scope and saw that they spider mites were still alive. They are some tough dam bugs. Any other suggestions? How long will they stay alive on my buds? I really don’t like the fact of smoking bugs. Dead or alive.

hang the buds /branches upside down on some lines in a cool dark spot. As the buds dry the mites will have nothing left to feed on and will climb higher looking for fresh material, they usually vacate the plant altogether and congregate en mass at the end of the lines and die with no food available.

Thanks man. :slight_smile:

How do you get rid of spiders mints

After hanging and drying they were gone.