Spider farmer SE 3000 has anyone purchased?

Hello ladies and gentlemen
I hope everyone is doing great
I am wondering if anyone has purchased or heard any reviews on there new models that are out?
SE 1000 model
SE 3000 model
Or the SE 7000 model.
Has any had any problems with there warranty?
I own a SF 4000 with the dimmer and thank goodness I have no problems so never used there warranty.
It’s a descent light and have no complaints so far.
Thank you in advance.

Here is a picture of the unit

I’ve not purchased but I’ve looked. What space are you looking to cover?

1 Like

I would like to purchase 2 of the SE 3000
They each run 300 watts for a flower footprint for 3x3.
I was going to buy just one light to cover a 5x5 but I think it would be much more convenient to have 2 lights instead of one.
More options also.

If your looking for coverage bar lights are better for sure. BUT you want them to fit the frame of the tent pretty tightly… There are also these. Mars has one similar.

Personally I’d put one of these in a 2x2.
Even with 2 You are still going to have a heavy drop off on the edges. Those lights are meant to run close to canopy so you’ll lose coverage.

No HLG? Veg 6x6 flower 5x5 meant to run close to the canopy as well. Which is good for a tent.

1 Like

Yeah pacific light concepts or hlg I’m going to go with.
I was just curious on these new models and I mean for the price not bad.
But you know how it is you get what you pay for.

3 Likes

The hlg 600 r spec with code dude10 is $699
Which is good price.
I would really like 2 hlg 300
But I don’t feel like spending $1000 right now :joy:

2 Likes

My only complaint about the rpec is the distance it needs from canopy. :man_shrugging:

The light companies that have my attention right now:

But the prices are ridic

2 Likes

That is exactly why I have not pulled the trigger.
If I read the distance correct on the spider se 3000 you can place down 12 inches above canopy with a descent coverage.
That’s would hAs me curious about teddy re models,and the price.
Always curious and very mosey :joy:

1 Like

12 inches is dope. But if it’s meant for a 3x3 at best that’s what it would cover. Which is the drop off at the edges. 1 foot on front and back drop off. I’d call HLG bro and try to get a deal on the scorpion rspec. Straight up tell them your considering Spider farmer, Mars, and a couple others. See if they can drop the price on a refurbed model. If you can get $100 off you’d only be spending $60 more. Also it helps to mention that you document your grow publicly, and share your socials anywhere you would be displaying their light. :+1:

2 Likes

Second that 3 x 3 foot print. I have that light in my closet 31” x 38”. Perfect for that size.

2 Likes

Edit to that light: Mine is a HLG 300 RSPEC, thought that was mentioned and I’m buzzing like a chainsaw :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

2 hlg 300 r spec would be great.
I have some time to decide so I might have to have a few drinks and a spliff to help me not just decide but pull the trigger :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

You are absolutely 200% correct
I am going to go with two Hlg 300 r spec
Or the 16 strips from pacific light concepts.
:+1::+1:

2 Likes

2,300L,s will be a little small for a 5 by 5 maybe 3,260 XL if you don’t mind building the kits I believe one 300L would barely be enough for 3 by 3 I have 4- 300 L and a260 xl very nice lights but I have two in my three by three gives very awesome coverage

2 Likes

If you are willing to build this and not as concerned about the extra 660nm, you could build a light pretty cheap. Someone was just posting eb gen2 560mm strips were available for around $5 couple weeks ago. They fit nicely onto 1" extrusion from heatsink USA

3 Likes

@dbrn32
Oh oh I’m scratching my head right now.
Have no clue what this means lol sorry.
Can you explain please.what should I be concerned of?

The red leds. Eb gen2 doesn’t have them.

2 Likes

Would pacific light concepts be the better package in your opinion for a 5x5?
If not what would you recommend?
I’m looking for something I can keep close to the canopy if need be.

2 Likes

I don’t really know you well enough to pick for you, but sounds like you want a bar styled light. Something like the plc build, chilled tech, or fluence makes. If you are looking to stay budget minded, plc build or maybe something like growers choice roi-680. If you want to make it rain, I would hang around with chilled tech right now.

Despite 2 years of telling my dad, he is finally ditching outdoor growing. He is asking me to build a light for him, and it probably won’t happen. I will likely put him into growers choice light. I seen a few complaints, but they all seemed to be polarity issues that anyone that’s willing to listen could troubleshoot and fix with a screwdriver or by rotating a timer or cord. My local shop stocks them, and they look pretty nice. I don’t have a stock space, but I would likely build myself a light with chilled tech bars or strips from cutter. They aren’t night and day better than plc strips, but I like their configuration better, and I don’t need a video to follow along with for assembly. As to where suggesting you do that, that step by step youtube video greengene has would be pretty handy.

The important part here is that all the stuff you are mentioning is really good. You will never see a light twice as good in your lifetime. If you were asking about a mars hydro light, I could show you a light that is almost twice as good right now.

3 Likes