Spider farm same as hlg!?

Exactly what is top bin and lower bin diodes?

If a 301(b) or (h) it passes or it fails. This term is used most often when the light discussion begins.

There are alot of others that do 3rd party testing snd use the very same cali company that HLG uses.
Note, those others dont get all the tests done that Hlg does.

I think Dr. Bugbee has you tube video on 301b and h, his outcomes said not enough difference to matter. He said h was added for horticulture uses.

Did find Linkedin and Cresceince testing article that confirms the adding of the (H) for hoticulture and a new coating that protects the light from harsh fertilizers that are very corrosive, isnt much different than the (b).

Not proven by either, the new (H) was supposed to be 5% more efficient.

Conclusions ā€¦

Top bin lower bin? The term is used so often by lots.

Wow, just notice this thread is 4 wks old, why did it make to the top with out someone posting to it. I didnā€™t dig it up.

1 Like

ā€œ2 hours earlierā€

I canā€™t speak to the technicals about lights like you guys, but I can say thisā€¦
When I bought 4 of HLGā€™s 65w lights for a PVC pipe veggie grow system, one of the lights came with a broken barrel connector. The light has 2, so it wasnā€™t really a big deal. I contacted HLG with a pic of the problem, and they notified me that a new one is being shipped. I was a little surprised, and responded with ā€œThatā€™s awesome, but what do I do with the broken one?ā€
ā€œKeep itā€, they said. ā€œMaybe you can use it with the other plug for something.ā€
That service alone sold me on a 600 Rspec DIY kit. Itā€™s hard to find service like that these days. Granted, nothingā€™s free, and their higher prices cover for things like that, but I was still a bit shocked.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll.disagree on the bags r useless as Iā€™ve used them in my room and have seen a massive difference in bud size and all from having 2 exhale xl bags in the room and not having none now. There is a huge difference in size and quality. It may not do as much as a co2 burner in a close loop system but they do add a little to the room. Is it really worth the price of the bags idrk but I have seen a massive difference here using vs not using them.

1 Like

I had a meanwell driver blow on me on a 260xl kit. Called them was on phone about 7 mins sent a pic and a video via email to them and next day I had a driver here for a replacement. Was super fast not even a full 24 hrs to be honest. I was shocked. Replaced the meanwell with inventronics as they told me they had some issues with the diablo lights not being able to be ran with meanwell drivers so they made a switch to inventronics as they havnt found any issues running with them so far that I know of. So if I get any kits that have diablo boards and come with a meanwell driver Iā€™d see about talking to them on a switch before they ship it out and put an inventronics driver in the box. Lol.

1 Like