Spectrum king closet case 140w

Has anyone used the spectrum king closet case 140w curious to see the results

140w for $299?
I can’t find much about efficiency, but for $2+ a watt I’d be skeptical.

I don’t see how that could effectively flower a 3’x3’.

3 Likes

If you’re going to spend that much I would definitely look into Quantum boards from hlg!!

4 Likes

Well I just watched a video of someone using it in a 4x4 with the 100w version so idk.

1 Like

100w or 1000w? 100w sounds low to be any good but what do I know!! LoL

1 Like

I know idk. I’d rather run a qb 260w xl for that price or like I did 2 260w qbs xl for my 4x4

1 Like

i agree with Drinkslinger, this does not look like a great light,
they claim it replaces a 400w HID or 315w CMH, that is B.S., a false claim.
the Spectrum King 100w rated below HPS DE on Migro’s efficiency testing.!

sounds like what u r looking at is mediocre-good lighting,
HLG QB kits r the cheapest great lighting right now, DIY QB is even cheaper,
Migro is great especially if u need a waterproof fixture.!

3 Likes

I have seen mixed opinions about these lights i guess time will tell because i just ordered one. No harm in trying and i will post my progress as i go

i kinda dis-agree,
there r better tried and true lights available,
Shane from Migro ranks them low in efficiency,
IF the stats r close to right, it is not a bad light, but it is not great.!
and according to the info at hand, Closet King has false claims in their ‘stats’.!!!

without multiple grows under several different kinds of lighting your progress doesn’t have much comparison.

I have been using cheap lights with my last few grows and its been ok so i will be able to compare after my next one

1 Like

it seems well built and doing the job so far on this blueberry its all i need im happy with it so far

1 Like

coming along nicely

1 Like

20190510_163847 thriving blueberry

2 Likes

Unless it’s cold where your plant is growing you can ditch the heat mat.
Also, you can stop misting her. :+1:

The label on the light says 140w, so let’s see how it works. Did you really pay $299?

3 Likes

Its coming into winter here and the heat mat is for the clone beside her once i transplant it i will remove the heat mat

2 Likes

The good news is those lights are easy to resell online and recoup most if not all of your money. That’s what I did with my growstar, advanced platinum led and bloomboss. Then I switched to QBs. Never looking back! But that’s not to say you can’t grow with those.

3 Likes

When I decided to have a go at indoor growing I went to the google machine and read countless reviews of blurple LEDs. I made my choices and bought several. They did a decent job, but my outdoor grows were sooooooo much better in density and quality.
@dbrn32 posted a diy thread with bridgelux strips, and I figured for $100± why not.
The results were MUCH better under those lights. Since then I’ve been watching his posts and improving my lights. Everything he’s recommended has improved my grow quality.
The takeaway- you can research a lot, you can read a lot, but when you find someone that actually knows what they’re talking about take their advice.
Thanks brother :+1:

2 Likes

Spectrum king lights are alright, just expensive for what you’re getting. They don’t give total flux, you’re limited to 4000k, and cost is more than qb 135 kit that probably has higher light output. Sk has a better warranty though.

1 Like

You all have good points :+1: time will tell what i think of it

2 Likes

look at the size of the leaves

2 Likes