Specs on Seeds, how do I know what I really have

Hi, Question, (just using this as an example) If I buy Chocolope seeds from Joe Scmooo but then I buy Chocolope seeds from Teddy the Turkey, is the info the same? Time to grow, height of plant, percentage of THC, etc
If I search anywhere on specs on Chocolope, am I going to get basically the same answers?

I didn’t purchase the Chocolope seeds, they were given to me, they were found in a friends bag, 5 of them to be exact, which I thought was odd personally, I mean if you come across 1 seed in a good bag well that’s kind of cool, but 5. So, I started 4 of them, 1 didn’t make it, but now we are on week 5 since seed started. I realize I wont know if they are males until I make the 12/12 swtich, which I was going to do this weekend but don’t know if that will happen, I need to figure something out with my timers since I need 2 of them, anyway… What are the chances that the 5 seeds that came from a bag of supposedly Chocolope, are female?
How do I really know if they are chocolope?
:herb:

I’ve wondered the same thing! I did go to many seed sites to compare and the THC seemed about the same (I’m growing NL and AK-47 autos). I did notice yields listed were different, some times by a lot. Hopefully others will post some good info =)

1 Like

The only real life person that knows I have a grow room, ordered our seeds, 6 Grizzly Purple Kush, 6 Purple Kush. Then it came to an idea, since I have the space, I will grow his Purple Kush (had we thought about this before we ordered seeds I would of gotten something different) In the process of the seeds arriving, a friend of mine who knows I grow real life veggies (corn, tomatoes, etc) in joking and smoking gives me a baggy of these 5 chocolope seeds and says, throw these in your corn field next summer, hee hee hee, but seriously I don’t want these seeds, take em)
Also the friend that Im growing for recently gave me a Money Bush that was already started, maybe a week before mine
Also might I add, 2 of my Grizzly Purple Kush seem to be Autos.:persevere:
Yes I am hoping someone can shed light on this for me, and now you. thanks for replying. I love this site

@doodlebug I found hundreds of seeds in my friends stash of gorilla glue
His supplier had a bad harvest must have hermied the whole crop and put it out anyway ? The smoke was good but loaded with seeds anyway I took and keep them all from him :grinning::+1::v:Over 200
ps I hadn’t seen a seed in my smoke since the mid 90s before that batch but :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning: for me

1 Like

i just saw the “seed orderer” I spoke of and he swears they arent auto, he says they didnt come in auto for the Grizzle Purple Kush, but he also wouldnt tell me where he got the seeds from when I asked, which in return makes me wonder what do I have then but when I am done with typing this I am going to check to see if he is wrong on that. auto.
So, said seed order has a closet grow, by no means will i ever at this point claim to be an expert grower but here is the situation, closet grow, 5 plants, 2 feet tall, 6 weeks old, Money bush, says there was some nutrient salt build up, did a flush 6 days ago, says the dirt is still wet as it can be, doesnt think will be watering for 2 more weeks, personally I think there isnt enough air flow, which isnt letting the dirt dry out, using Pro Mix black bag, says no extra perlite was added, so is blaming the dirt. when I asked how much water was given for the flush, i was told a gallon and a half of water for each plant, in 2 gallon pots.Run off was about 30%, this is what I am told. I am going to go personally see for myself this afternoon since he asked for my help, i told him the blind leading the blind but I would absolutely come check it out. This is all the information I have since my brain is consumed with the announcment of Music Festival Lineups today and honesty thats all I can think about. back to this issue tho, any thoughts? on the ladies

I’m going with not enough air Circe take a look and report back to us here bro :+1:

1 Like

LOL, I was wondering when that might come up…:raising_hand::nail_care::high_heel:
Im a chef in real life, 4 of my bosses are 26 yr old boys. They know everything LOL. Will you still like me if you know you are talking to a girl. :slight_smile: (btw, i am always a smart ass)

2 Likes

Um yes sorry for calling you bro there sis lol
I didn’t mean to offend you in any way
And get to know me I’m a wise ass my self lol
Out of likes :frowning::v:

1 Like

Hey did you know women are the #1 reason I’m not gay
Hahahaha
My wife laughs at that one anyway

3 Likes

i rarely get offended, All good, just didnt want you to thnk you are talking to a dude when you arent. its like waking up to the hottest girl from the night only to find out tha you shouldnt drink so dam much LOL

2 Likes

So, did some searching for Flowering times since I have differnt things going on what I have, it goes like this…
6 Purple Kush they say 8 to 10 wks
2 Grizzly Purple Kush Auto they say 76 days
4 Grizzly Purple Kush not Auto (still mad about this mix up) (didnt check this time becuase I smoked a bowl and forgot to write it down)
1 Money Bush they say 7-8 weeks
3 Chocolope they say 67 days
so I sort of have a mish mosh, will I be able to let every one go til say 76 days?
my only concern is the darkness persiod before I cut them down, and space
whats the purpose of the darkness period and how many days do I leave them dark, 3?
i mean if the chocolope end up being females, i could take them out of the room when they are done, put them in the dark for the time they need but they i will need to trim and hang, thats my conundrum.

@doodlebug I believe it’s 24 hrs of dark and from my understanding it increases tricombes
I could be wrong about the times
@Majiktoker might be better suited to answer this for you

1 Like

Also watching tricombe color is best method for determining when ready for harvest
Those flowering times are just general guidelines

1 Like

Yes you can let them all go 76 days and yes you can decrease light cycle

1 Like

Update on my friends grow room, all I am going to say is ewwwww and his wife is a nasty person. with that being said, as soon as you walk into his bedroom it smells dirty but like dirty greenhouse dirty air smell. personally my grow room air smells cleaner than my house air LOL. When he opened the closet door to his grow, it smelled dirty. I said to him this isn’t right, he got all defensive talking about there is so much air flow in here, my plastic is bulging out from the filter. I tried to explain to him that if he doesn’t have any clean air flow coming in it doesn’t matter, the air in the grow is dirty and musty smelling. he said he was fighting some sort of white splotchy mold. He told me he used bleach water to clean and he hasn’t seen any mold since. He tells me I don’t know what Im talking about, look how bushy they look and they are all the same height. Heres the thing, I might be a new grower but I grew 2 yrs ago, for 2 yrs, I didn’t do bad, tho I had help, I still did not bite the hand that fed me. He literally started growing 6 months ago when I told him I purchased a tent last year. He asked me questions, I told him my thoughts, he lined the closet with foil when I told him I didn’t think that was a good idea, he did it anyway, I told him to make sure he has a filter to clean the air, I told him to have clean air coming in, I told him to buy a fan to help the plants grow strong, He only did some of the things I told him but I feel like he didn’t do the most important, clean air coming in. this was the first time I had ever seen his grow I looked at him after all was said and done, asked him why he is so defensive then told him he needs to close down his grow and just let me be his grow since I have a 10x11 room im growing in. I told him to help with dirt and nutes.
on another note, first and last time I go to his house, he text me later that night after she went to bed and told him I wasn’t allowed to come to the house if she wasn’t home, a neighbor friend called the wife at work to tell her that he had some girl come in the house before the kids got home and that she was really pretty.
HAHAHAHAHA thank you, yes I myself am not bad to look at but seriously, is she the mom or the wife, I have been married to my man for 20 yrs, we have no kids. First off If I am going to have a side piece, he isn’t going to live in a trailer with 3 kids, Second, he isn’t going to live in a trailer wtth 3 kids. I walked in to his place, dishes in the sink for days, kids toys everywhere, place seemed really dirty. I would not drink bottled water from his place.

2 Likes

Can you edit your post at the top and find another word to use others may find that offensive, and vulgar language is against our forum policy @doodlebug, thank you

King regards,
Majiktoker ILGM mentor

Oh boy sounds like a good time
Post had me laughing thanks for that hahaha :+1:

1 Like

Absolutely, my apologies.

1 Like

Thank you for your cooperation

1 Like