Specific person

Hi all, if I’m reading a particular topic and I read something that a person wrote, what is the proper way to ask that person a question? For instance, I just hit reply to ask a person a question, but when they finally replied he said to put @ in front of the name . is that how its done? Thanks.

4 Likes

If you hit reply on their post it notifies them. If you use the @ sign ahead of their handle it will notify them. If they set a thread to “watching” they get a notice when anyone posts to it. Hope this helps. Maybe @Countryboyjvd1971 has something to add.

Welcome to the best MJ forum going!

4 Likes

Just make sure you don’t put a space between the @ and their name…

2 Likes

You guys got it covered @Myfriendis410

@Greenleaf

Look at you screen name above When you tag someone make sure it looks like that nothing before or after and no space between @ and username :wink:
Welcome to the play ground

2 Likes

Thanks everyone.

5 Likes

Adding the @ also emails them as to who and in which thread sometimes a person may not answer a question in another persons thread to not clutter and confuse original poster. You will find tagging people into your own thread will get more feedback at times :wink:

1 Like

Thanks @donaldj I think I’ve got it.

1 Like

O.K. now I see how it works. Thanks everyone, I appreciate it.

2 Likes

A lot of times I will only “like” a tag I get if I notice someone else has a good reply or I don’t have the answer myself.

1 Like

Likewise I may be 8-12hrs late in getting to the tag and see by then it is already in good hands

1 Like