"space buckets"

Greetings everyone.
Novice with limited indoor space here.
Has anyone tried space bucket set ups ?
I am new to this and found them online. Thinking about trying one out in July when Va is legal. Came up with a setup with intake and exhaust, led from top, and very reflective inside. Total width inside is close to 20" diameter, 48" high.
Do you guys think this will work ???

Is that your constraint, or your planned size?

2 Likes

Welcome to ILGM forum. Never heard of Space buckets, but @KeystoneCops has asked about space constraints and I’m curious myself. Is this what you’re planning or your space constraints.

1 Like

It will work but you are gonna be legal for up to four plants if I read the news correctly. Why limit yourself to such a small space? IMO Those things are best for people who need ultimate in stealth and willing to make sacrifices in order to simply have medicine.

If I were in your position (and I am …I’m in a legal state) id get a decent size tent. People get great results out of 3x3. Get a good light and fan and go for it

2 Likes

@KeystoneCops , that’s the interior space total, the light is mounted outside. For veg only. Got a tent 24x48x60 and hlg260 for flowers

In that case I’d just get another tent

The only thing I would change in my set up would be a bigger flower tent 3x3

It’s an unusual size. I’m not sure you’ll want the light mounted on the outside. I have a similar size box for my males, and I have an HLG 65 the can be mounted at maximum height, or lowered on a ratcheting hanger.

As long as you’re using it for vegetative growth only, it should work pretty well. What are you using as a case?

1 Like

The system I found online was a 5 gallon bucket tower. I made mine from 20 gallon trash cans lined with reflective HVAC material

And I think that’s the right way to go. The paint bucket constructions seems difficult without plenty of tools, and rather limited anyway. A flip-top bin that rolls could be extremely stealthy.

1 Like

1 Like

Two of em stacked

Beautiful, whatcha using for lights? I’m coming up with a build after doing a 5 gallon bucket grow that netted me a bit over an ounce. Except this time i’m using a 20 gallon bucket and a Mars Hyrdro TS600 with some big computer fans. Trying to figure out how to DIY a carbon filter and think i found a solution with some crap from amazon that is like a fabric filled with carbon.

1 Like

That’s rad, i’m doing that with a Mars Hydro TS600, probably overkill but it’ll be fun.

1 Like

We swapped to tents… I couldn’t get what I wanted out of the limited space… but they are great for running little auto flowering plants.

And 20 gallon stacked cans is what we used.